500 West Trade (14 story apartments on site of former Polk Building)

UrbanCharlotte

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:
Wasn't the CDOT bullish for years on demo-ing the Polk State building because they wanted to widen the Graham St ROW? I remember something like that being said here.

NWR seems to be building right up to the standard setback to the existing curb.

What gives?

IMG_20191219_094046~2.jpg

Edited by SgtCampsalot

6 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Question:
Wasn't the CDOT bullish for years on demo-ing the Polk State building because they wanted to widen the Graham St ROW? I remember something like that being said here.

What gives?

Maybe but they may just have that space for street parking instead of using a whole lane for the retail portion. 

21 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Question:

What gives?

Not sure what the issue is here? Thats a solid 16+ ft of width for the sidewalk. Looks to be plenty wide.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

The Parking will be Structured Parking (Deck) wrapped by the Apartments with a high-rise (14 Story) portion.  I attached the renderings...

918EFA72-50AA-46AC-9E65-B25D1DFE48E3.jpeg

C857E389-ADC5-4F72-ADF1-859F47687F07.jpeg

A3309388-59A0-4C3F-BF9B-65565C605BF2.jpeg

So like two stories of parking because I see a pool outdoor area on about the third level. 

To me this the most disappointing project currently underway in uptown/south end.

Lacks vision, thoughtfulness, scale, creativeness, for such a prominent site that in 5-7 years could be the third center of gravity uptown to which this project could have helped advance. This gets a grade of a D from me. Only thing keeping it from a F is the street level retail.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, navigator319 said:

To me this the most disappointing project currently underway in uptown/south end.

Lacks vision, thoughtfulness, scale, creativeness, for such a prominent site that in 5-7 years could be the third center of gravity uptown to which this project could have helped advance. This gets a grade of a D from me. Only thing keeping it from a F is the street level retail.

And not one mention of what it replaced. It gets an F with that in consideration.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, navigator319 said:

I can agree but the only plus to me is the design. It’s better than most projects around town that have popped up in the last few years.