500 West Trade (14 story apartments on site of former Polk Building)

UrbanCharlotte

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The density for this site could have been better with it situated besides the future Gateway Station and with front door StreetCar service.  Seems like northwood ravin played this site ‘safely’ instead of visionary.   Their choice though...

Anyway - I’ll be surprised if Northwood does anymore Uptown Residential in the next 5 years since they’re now heavily focused on developing more Office, Residential, Retail and Hospitality in Ballantyne as well as working with CATS on future LightRail Station/Park n Ride locations throughout the Corporate Park.

• Like 2

Highly unlikely. Everyone is free to have an opinion, but critiquing every single project big and small really isn’t necessary. 

I’ve met a lot of the people on this forum, and can confirm quite a few are architects, engineers, civil engineers, construction people, professors of architecture and commercial real estate professionals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t hate the design for the apartment building, I just don’t like the use of that lot. If major density was going to push west along trade, we really needed a legacy union sized building on that site. Which would have really helped the whole gateway station project too. Just my opinion. 

• Like 4

• atlrvr locked this topic
  • atlrvr unlocked this topic
On 1/21/2020 at 8:07 AM, Yeahdoug said:

I don’t hate the design for the apartment building, I just don’t like the use of that lot. If major density was going to push west along trade, we really needed a legacy union sized building on that site. Which would have really helped the whole gateway station project too. Just my opinion. 

Not exactly a lot of companies out there ready to occupy 500k sqft of office space

Not exactly a lot of companies out there ready to occupy 500k sqft of office space

Not in that location, but there’s a few companies that size floating around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, NOLA2CLT said:

This project seems to be flying....maybe its just me

It is going quickly. They are working weekends and there are a ton of people onsite every day. This project, Honeywell and FNB seem to be the fastest development projects in uptown. 

Edited by Yeahdoug
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, NOLA2CLT said:

This project seems to be flying....maybe its just me

7 hours ago, Yeahdoug said:

It is going quickly. They are working weekends and there are a ton of people onsite every day. This project, Honeywell and FNB seem to be the fastest development projects in uptown. 

Yes, and it’s not the biggest or most complex project so I’m sure that helps. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mgelbach said:

I really really really hate to be "That Guy", but is there anyway we could have renderings of projects stickied as the first post in a topic? Is this something I could message a Moderator or Admin about it?

I think that’s a great idea. When you have as many projects as Charlotte does, sometimes it’s nice to have a rendering reference the project, page 1, without going through page after page to get the goodies. 

Great idea Mgelbach! :good:

(Maybe someone with authority could make it happen.:dontknow:)

A2

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mgelbach said:

I really really really hate to be "That Guy", but is there anyway we could have renderings of projects stickied as the first post in a topic? Is this something I could message a Moderator or Admin about it?

I co-sign this!! Often times I have to navigate multiple pages in a thread to find the renderings, as I may forget what something is supposed to look like. Tons of projects going on would just make it easier.