500 West Trade (14 story apartments on site of former Polk Building)

UrbanCharlotte

• Replies 991
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/17/2020 at 2:39 PM, Matthew.Brendan said:

Building Height and Floor # should be added to the titles at the same time we do this. 

I second that notion.  Only problem is that Northwood Ravin (NR) hasn’t released building height information on this 14 floor Apartment Tower.  Getting that would take someone on here being able to access the actual building permit/plans from the City/County.  I haven’t been able to do that.

All I know is that this (14 floor - Uptown) will be under 200’ in height - probably closer to 160’ or 180’ max.  The apartment tower (16 floor) NR is building in Ballantyne should be right around 190’ to 210’ tall.   The Panorama Tower (Office/Hotel) in Ballantyne is 14 Floor but probably will be in the 195’ to 210’ mark.  Ballantyne could have two (2) 200’ towers by this years end.  Crazy.

Anyway - If someone is able to get the building plans and shows 200’ or taller then also Wikipedia needs upgrading.  

DEF5E6AA-C077-4A54-AA05-FD6A67114395.jpeg

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, DownEast said:

At least something taller than Cityview is going up here. The sooner they wall in that thing the better. 

Yeah. You know I do wish that something along this street had more of a presence in the skyline. I love how FNB is stretching the skyline West, but nothing else really does. And even this at 14 stories high is like the tallest along the uptown strip off this street on this side from the stadium to the loop on the north side. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, j-man said:

Yeah. You know I do wish that something along this street had more of a presence in the skyline. I love how FNB is stretching the skyline West, but nothing else really does. And even this at 14 stories high is like the tallest along the uptown strip off this street on this side from the stadium to the loop on the north side. 

I do too, but I hope it doesn’t block my beautiful patio view in gateway. I know one day it will happen. 

• Like 1