Hybrid0NE

same as topic...  

162 members have voted

1. 1. same as topic...

• Yes!
    • No.
    • Maybe
    • God Save Us.

I think I remember reading that Minneapolis was the most high-tech city, kinda fuzzy, but it was in Popular Science? Like about 6 months back? Anyhow, as far as Atlanta megalopolis goes, I think the best indicator is infrastructure development. Look at the interstates that connect the three cities, are they more than two lanes on either side? Is there an increased amount of travel between them? I can tell from my personal experience, I see many Metro Atlanta license plate here in Chattanooga, then again, it could be just a good town to visit due to its relative close proximity (Hour and a half from DT Chattanooga to I-285).

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To issue blanket statments like that is completely ridiculous. I live in Peachtree City, one of the largest master-planned communities in the country. I go everywhere here by golf-cart! because we have over 80 miles of golf-cart paths running throughout town. Sure PTC is in suburbia and is set up as such it is still sensitively planned and an extremely pleasant place to live.

And also, like the above poster said there are many projects going on within the city of Atlanta such as Atlantic Station and the new Georgia Aquarium. Some people that don't live here just look at population numbers and think they know it all.

I was SO close to moving to Peachtree City back around 1993-95, I'm not sure on the exact year,but in that time frame. My dad was having trouble at work and was looking to be transferred, I'm not sure what the problems were, but they were resolved and we ended up staying in Florida. The other choice was North Carolina,where we also went for about a week to look around. I remember my mom and dad went to Peachtree City to look for a house and when she came back she was telling me about everyone using golf carts, which was pretty wild to her. Then in 1996 my dad got transferred to Ohio, so when he did work it was internationala and he got to go to a bunch of different countries.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah by that definition Texas has one from Sherman to San Antonio along I-35, if you include

DFW, Waco, Temple, and Austin there are something like 9,902,606 living in that corridor.

If you include Houston too since the original post mentioned birmingham and chatt. then you would have something around 15-16 million, that grows by 300,000-400,000 every year

Archived