2004 State of Downtown Report

asonj23

logomos-b1.gif

Mar 04, 2005

2004 State of Downtown Report

Some VERY good information on the development and progress of our downtown neighborhood.

Click here for Downtown Vision's 2004 State of Downtown report.

Please note that you'll need Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to display this file.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like things like this! It puts stuff in perspective.

Clean and Safe. Individuals visiting and working Downtown believe that Downtown is cleaner, safer and more attractive than three years ago. 74% of

property owners, 56% of employers and 62% of visitors believe Downtown is cleaner, while 77% of property owners, 39% of employees and 49%

of visitors believe Downtown is even safer than three years ago.

Is it just me, or are those really crappy numbers for the employees? That's our usual 9-5 suburban workers, that have to go downtown, by necessity. Psh....'bunch o' haters....

39% of employees believe Downtown is even safer than three years ago.

It's not really crappy, it just means they felt safe 3 years ago as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I disagree...i think that IS a low number, when compared to the other stats. I don't think you can automatically infer from the number though that they thought it was safe 3 years ago. What I would say though, is that these employees are the one group from the list who have the least interaction with downtown...for the most part, they are the ones who come in, work, go back to suburb each day.

Then again "cleaner, safer and more attractive" is very broad one could say its safer but not cleaner so how would they rate it?

Unless they felt all 3 factors had improved from 3 years ago, then they would vote no.

It doesn't mean it was crime laden, ugly and dirty now or 3 years ago, just that not many feel it has changed much since and in all honesty, it hasn't.

DT hasn't been a crime mecca, nor has it been dirty or ugly in recent years so a low number is actually more expected and accepted meaning it has been good for a while.

Archived