Midtown Project List

ryanmckibben

One of the posts suggests getting a project list for Midtown started. Here is the list I have come up with:

1) 700 Piedmont- Corner of 3rd and Piedmont Ave. 11 two story TH's (under construction)

2) 905 Juniper- Southeast corner of Juniper and 8th. 117 condos on 8 floors. (under construction)

3) ATLofts- Atlantic Station. 300 condos on top of the commercial/retail buildings of Atlantic Stations District section (under construction)

4) Element- Atlantic Station. 322 condos on 5 floors (under construction)

5) Onyx- 10th Street. 164 condos on 16 floors (planned)

6) Piedmont Crest- Piedmont Ave, on the park. 70 condos on 4 floors (under construction)

7) Plaza Midtown- Corner of 8th and Spring. 452 condos and 70,000 sq ft of retail on 20 floors (under construction)

8) Spire- corner of Peachtree and 7th. 393 condos and 21,500 sq ft of retail on 28 floors (under construction)

9) Twelve- Atlantic Station. 404 condos and 101 hotel rooms on 26 floors (under construction)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sympony Tower is in Midtown (corner of Peachtree & 14th... and it doesn't get any more "Midtown" than that)... perhaps Ryan left it off because it's been under construction for so long that it's almost a given that everyone knows about it?

I am really looking forward to seeing the finished product... they are getting pretty close (well, the outside, anyway), and it looks very dynamic from 75, 85 & 400!

I do wonder why there aren't more "supertalls" going up in Atlanta right now, though... is the office space market down there really doing that badly right now?! I mean, I don't expect "Miami growth", but I think Jacksonville and Orlando have about the same amount of new projects as Atlanta does right now... an you could add the population from both of those metros together and it wouldn't match Atlanta...

I only listed residential construction. 1180 Peachtree is the only commercial construction going on in Midtown right now. There are no "supertalls" under construction, because there is no demand for commercial office space in the Midtown sub market right now. In Buckhead a new 40ish story tower will start to rise sometime later this year near the corner of P'tree and Piedmont, the developer has signed leases with a few companies so this looks like it will happen. To my knowledge, other then 1180 P'tree the tower in Buckhead is the only commercial building confirmed in Atlanta. Everything else is a developers dream until tenants for those building materializes.

Yeah, B'head will get a 31 story commercial office building at the approximate location of Peachtree and Piedmont. Just over 500,000 S.F of office space. It will be headquarters for the building company, Cousins, and a few other companies.

Regarding the oversupply of commercial office space in Atlanta, yes it is a problem, especially downtown. 191 Peachtree will be losing its key tenant next year, King & Spalding, which will follow other big law firms like Alston & Bird to Midtown. 14th Street in Midtown will become what Hurt Plaza in Downtown was 50 years ago. 191 Peachtree is in serious danger of being mostly vacant next year. Not very good for one of DT's trophy buildings.

• 1 month later...

My family recently purchases a home in Atlantic Station, which is to be completed in July. I will take the MARTA train to and from school in College Park. Some stores coming to Atlantic Station are :

Mama Fu's

PJ's Wine and Ba

Banana Republic

Dillards

American Eagle

Bath and Body Works

Victoria Secret

Peir One

DSW Show Wareh

Guess

California Pizza Kitchen

Cheesecake Bistro

Chaddagh Irtiish Pub

Improv Comedy Club

Lucid

Moe's Southwest Grill

Regal Cinema 16

Roas Mexicano

The Athletic Club

That's true, and there's actually one more confirmed DT. Earnst & Young has signed on for another midrise in the Centennial Hill area. Both of those buildings (Southern Co HQ) are part of the "Allen Plaza" development. The developer has proposed one more building (in addition to the two already under construction) that would rise 30 stories or so, but so far no tenants have signed on so that one is still just a proposal.

Archived