AirBus coming to Portsmouth

I heard this from my dad about 3 weeks ago, Portsmouth is currently the front runner for Airbuses american production facility and for a number of reasons, Pease Tradeport has the largest runway in new england and i am pretty shore the North atlantic seaboard, and the runway is hardly used, plus there are a number of unused office space on Pease, it will employ over 1,500 people.

pease1a.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good new indeed, 1,500 new jobs is a real boost to the Seacost economy.

As Far as runway size goes, Bangor, Maine's ruwnay is actually 119' longer and 50 feet wider. But it doesn't really count because bangor is in the middle of nowhere and the airport is old and slightly rundown. :P

KBGR- 11440'x200'

KPSM- 11321'x150'

Huh, ive always heard it was, but your probly right its still long enough were its one of the few on the emergency space shuttle landing , but Probably only becuz the goverment retains some cotrol on it, today the the pease runway is worth over a billion dollar, becuz it specialy packed and built for b-52 and Galaxys so is lauring in maine.

Archived