Project Construction photos

Captain Obvious

Up on the main Downtown Construction threads, someone asked about current project updates. Since I was downtown today, I thought I'd share some fresh (3-5-05) construction photos.

Don't get too excited though. Nothing is very far along yet.

Fidelity doesn't screw around. I think this is prep work for the 8 floor office/2 floor garage.

Jax045.jpg

The Fidelity parking garage is going to be huge.

Jax034.jpg

Jax042.jpg

Site clearing for the 22 floor San Marco Place

Jax011.jpg

Up to the 3rd floor on the 28 floor Strand

Jax010.jpg

I have no clue what this construction fence is for on Riverside Av. (doesn't it look like any awful generic suburban area?). I hope it's MarksGray, but I suspect it might just be more DOT nonsense.

Jax048.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great updates. I agree, it looks like Fidelity means business. There was a newspaper article about the project being approved by the DRC and then...bam, construction immediately started.

Also on the Southbank, its going to be pretty cool seeing multiple cranes at San Marco Place, The Peninsula, The Strand & San Marco Riverwalk Hotel, all within a blcok of each other. I think the best view will probably be I-95 heading North.

In regards to Fidelity, no they don't screw around - They have about 300 people in leased office space in Deerwood (because they are at capacity) that will eventually be moved to Riverside Avenue. Not to mention, the quarters in the current offices are extremely tight. I know that the people in my girlfriend's department (she works in the Tower on the campus) don't have a whole lot of room, but there is nowhere to go.

If you don't mind I'll add to the list. Here are some pics I took this past weekend around Hemming Plaza & Adams Street.

No construction here, just a cool pic

clockl8yw.jpg

Adams Street, How about getting the Barnett up and running?

adamshudsonl2bx.jpg

20 West Adams

20west9jk.jpg

New Library

libraryl1od.jpg

The Carling

carlingl1cu.jpg

The Carling Parking garage

carlinggarage4ws.jpg

New Library & Library garage

librarygarage3oz.jpg

Hudson Books....coming soon

hudsonbooks0zq.jpg

Bonus shot...1661 Riverside

1661riverside0zu.jpg

Bonus shot...1661 Riverside

1661riverside0zu.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I was there over the summer, coming across the Fuller Warren you could see cranes working on a building somewhere near the mid-rise condo in the background of this photo. Do you guys now what I'm talking about? Is the development that I saw going up residential or commerical?

Archived