Columbia urban neighborhoods

waccamatt

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I kept reading the new posts, but I never went back to check to original. It seems you have added quite a few links there :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeppers, it takes so long to upload the pictures and then create pages for them it took a few days to upload all of them to my host site. (free webs, which isn't so free when you end up with hundreds of pictures posted, lol)

I was in Atlanta for the SEC Tournament this past weekend and took some pictures of Atlanta at night that I thought turned out well. I will post them this week.

There were so many more pictures I wanted to take, but it takes so long to upload all of them to my host. I didn't even go down to Rosewood, much of Eau Claire, much of Waverly, old Shandon or much of Forest Acres.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have some shots of Old Shandon, but I don't know how to upload them, can I e-mail them somewhere?

I have some shots of Old Shandon, but I don't know how to upload them, can I e-mail them somewhere?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We generally recommend a free hosting site like photobucket. You can upload the pictures there and use the links they provide to post images here. That is what I use. Feel free to send me a PM if you need help getting it set up :)

We generally recommend a free hosting site like photobucket. You can upload the pictures there and use the links they provide to post images here. That is what I use. Feel free to send me a PM if you need help getting it set up :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I figured out how to post images on my blog so here is a link. The single house on Lee Street is completely gutted. I thought they did a pretty good job.

http://columbiadevelopment.blogspot.com/

Great blog, Debi! That's an awesome idea! I'll be checking it out often.

BTW... I was up in Baxter Village on Sunday. It is *really* coming along nicely. I am not the world's biggest fan of suburban TNDs, but they're a great alternative to traditional sprawl, and the developer up there did a really great job.

Great blog, Debi! That's an awesome idea! I'll be checking it out often.

BTW... I was up in Baxter Village on Sunday. It is *really* coming along nicely. I am not the world's biggest fan of suburban TNDs, but they're a great alternative to traditional sprawl, and the developer up there did a really great job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not a huge fan of Suburban TND's either, but I'm interested in how the new suburban mass that's occurring can have their own town center.

Thanks for the props on the blog. I'm still new at it so I don't know how much I'll be posting. Our New Urbanist group is going to Atlanta in April so I'll try to post some pictures from that.

Columbia needs more new urbanists.  Have you had much interest emerging/Debi?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We've talked about getting together as a group -- people on this board. But it never really materialized. I haven't had any interest in the New Urbanism Meetup Group -- you'll notice that I'm the only member. :)

I would be interested in meeting up w/ some of you guys & gals... Even though I don't often have anything of signifigance to add, this site is very interesting and informative and I enjoy reading and discussing the topics a great deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived