Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emerging.me

W. Columbia/Cayce Real Estate Boom

This story kind of confirms what we've all been saying about these homes in neighborhoods like the Avenues, closer to the river, in Cayce/West Columbia. It's from the State.

Here's a relevant blurb:

The antique stores along Meeting Street are signs of the real estate boom in West Columbia: Fancy new homes need fine old furniture.

Builders are starting town homes worth hundreds of thousands along the Congaree River, while dozens of new homes have been added in Quail Hollow near U.S. 378.

The construction amazes Carroll McGee, a real estate broker and auctioneer who has worked in town for 43 years.

I hope the encourages more growth/ density in the Vista West area and some redevelopment along Meeting St. That area its kind of scrappy looking. I guess that is good news though. I have heard that the Avenues area is coming back.

Yeah... we may move there if we can find the right house in the right location for the right price. :) hehe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What neighborhoods have you seen houses in so far? Its always good to hear people moving back into town from the suburbs.