The Vue

cooperdawg

Good find....I skimmed it quickly and didn't see the height. I would think without spires, that it's got to be in the 640'-660' range....hopefully it will hit 662'....a legitament 200 meters without spires.

sorry i don't have the numbers in front of me.... what is 724' comparible to in charlotte?

The highest point in Mecklenburg county is somewhere near Derita at 890 ft above sea level.

I am an engineer. The data I have for Charlotte (average) is 770 feet above sea level. I didn't see the plans, but when I have site plans, the numbers on them are for feet above sea level at that point. Not having seen the plans, I would guess that is what the number is.

I am an engineer. The data I have for Charlotte (average) is 770 feet above sea level. I didn't see the plans, but when I have site plans, the numbers on them are for feet above sea level at that point. Not having seen the plans, I would guess that is what the number is.

Indeed, there are places in Mecklenburg that are just barely above 500 ft. There is a flood line marker on my lot at about 654 ft, so the average for the county is going to be in the 700-800 range.

Indeed, there are places in Mecklenburg that are just barely above 500 ft. There is a flood line marker on my lot at about 654 ft, so the average for the county is going to be in the 700-800 range.

I think my point is more (again I have not been able to pull up the plan) that site plans generally show heights (above sea level) on the plans and that most likely is what is being shown on these plans. Needs to be known for waste lines and what not in the design.

Okay, I looked on Polaris, and the Vue site is between 720 and 740 feet above sea level. I am pretty sure that the 724' number is just the height above sea level for the utilities, and not the height of the building. 724' for the building would be almost 15' per floor which is nuts for a residential building.

It isn't the best source for news at all, but I picked up a free copy of SouthPark magazine that they have at the mall the other day. The latest issue has an article about downtown living (focusing primarily on the Vue) and they still maintained the possibility exists for the extra eight floors. It's probably based on old info, though.

I stand corrected, I appologize, SouthPark Magazine is not a 100% credible source, however, oh and after a good look over the site plan, yea thats definately just the height above sea level of the site, I was so excited too, guess it pays to read more indepth into things

Don't know how I feel about that blank wall in the rear, they must be planning on something to cover it up, I mean even with the gorgeous blue building there, its still unsightly in a way, better hope for something good to cover that up.

Edited by Rickydavisfan21

My guess is that they had strong early sales from pent up demand, so they looked into the possibility of adding extra floors. It was never really framed as a definite by the sales people, more of a "probably" at that time. My guess is that sales slowed since then and they never really pursued it further.

I didn't say that SP Mag was a credible source. In fact, I said it wasn't. It was just relevant to the thread that they mentioned the possible floor increase, but I'm skeptical like everyone else.

don't get defensive buddy, I know you agree with that, I was just bringing it up, thanx for including that detail, I'm only in charlotte ever once in a while, so i don't get to see these free mags