The Vue

cooperdawg

I definitely see this project getting scaled back from the original 50+ stories when push comes to shove and they actually start construction. I think a conservative estimate would be in the 20 to 30 stories range - that seems to be the going trend in Charlotte right now, with the exception being 210 Trade.

I definitely see this project getting scaled back from the original 50+ stories when push comes to shove and they actually start construction. I think a conservative estimate would be in the 20 to 30 stories range - that seems to be the going trend in Charlotte right now, with the exception being 210 Trade.

How would they deal with all the outstanding contracts for penthouse suites at the top of a 50 story building with views to match? I'm not sure they can unring the bell on that one. They'd have to take a bigger step back than just consolidating all of the committments they've got already.

Yeah....there is no way this will be scaled down to less than 40 floors.....if they can't sell enough units, then I suspect they will scrap the project completely. However, my gut is they have the capital and the will-power to push this through.....I don't doubt that it will be delayed though.

What's the holdup with this one ? They were golden in Orlando. In fact, they were in the ground quicker than projects which had received greater press and financial incentives to boot.

I believe 2 things are holding this up. One is that there are a ton of new residential highrises being announced downtown and in the surrounding area, therefore demand is becoming less. Secondly, from what I understand the prices of the Vue are pretty steep.

I believe 2 things are holding this up. One is that there are a ton of new residential highrises being announced downtown and in the surrounding area, therefore demand is becoming less. Secondly, from what I understand the prices of the Vue are pretty steep.

I wouldn't say price, I would say value. But, I think that's what you mean. You could markup a bit on some luxury items. But, I don't see that 50% per square foot higher to even the closest comparing luxury project as being an easy sell. Even people who want the best of everything don't want to look like suckers.

I wouldn't say price, I would say value. But, I think that's what you mean. You could markup a bit on some luxury items. But, I don't see that 50% per square foot higher to even the closest comparing luxury project as being an easy sell. Even people who want the best of everything don't want to look like suckers.

yeah, what u said. :) That is what I meant. Price per square foot more or less.

12 what. They were supposed to break ground around the beginning of summer, or summer. Early 07 is a pretty long push back. Pushing back ground breaking is never a good sign. Anyway, this will still get built, at 51 stories i'll say.

12 since they will have to dig for 6months before they put the crane on site. I suspect that construction begins in early Fall. Crane goes up by first quarter of 07. Project is complete by late 08' early 09'.

A2

Isn't it supposed to take 16-18 months to complete? They're using tunnel-form construction which should make it go up a lot faster than some projects... They're not going to have underground parking, are they? I dont see why they'd dig for 6 months otherwise.

This is possible. I am assuming that they would take 18-24 months to complete the building since that is the latest info I have read regarding the time from the start of digging till the first resident moves in. Two years really is not that bad. If they started late summer/early fall 2006, we would see fisrt resident move in late 08. I can accept that.

II was still thinking it would take 25% of the time to work on the Foundation even with the tunnel form construction method used. I could be totally wrong though. ;)

A2

Yea, i've always believed in this one. This is a very classy project in every aspect. Anyone remember when the Convention Center implosion was delayed and everyone thought the EpiCentre was finished...Well it's at full swing now. At least the Vue isn't having construction delays like the Park. :rolleyes:

Edited by UrbanCharlotte

Well, they haven't gotten rezoning yet, plus I'm sure they're working through all of the pre-construction building permit delays. We saw the same with Epicentre, Park, and even Avenue. Now, if that goes on for years, we can be worried, but for now we should just be glad that the permitting department is doing due dilligence to make sure we don't have a 51 story building fall over.