The Vue

cooperdawg

an aquaintance of mine just purchused a condo at the vue, he said he was able to see the sales sheet and said that it was at least 50-60%

not sure which unit he got but he said he has skyline view, and said that the price difference between skyline and away from skyline views were quite considerable, but he wanted to wake up in the morning and have a wonderful view

Edited by Rickydavisfan21

an aquaintance of mine just purchused a condo at the vue, he said he was able to see the sales sheet and said that it was at least 50-60%

not sure which unit he got but he said he has skyline view, and said that the price difference between skyline and away from skyline views were quite considerable, but he wanted to wake up in the morning and have a wonderful view

That's great. I wonder if they are now close to releasing funds. i would have thought that was enough in terms of sales. Maybe it is more in terms of "money" sales rather than % sales since, like you said, the skyline view is considerable more expensive than the other side.

I just heard on the radio about some event being held in Charlotte (I don't know when or what exactly as I wasn't paying too much attention to it), that is being sponsored by the Vue Charlotte. Man, they are shelling out the money for advertising.

Whatever your PR things can help. But doesn't anyone else sense some desperation, I know michael said he saw the sheets and said they were 50-60 but yea, with all this throwing out of money, I'm wondering if they even have a required% of sales. Because they are promoting themselves like this thing is happening no matter what, which you know, gives me a good feeling, because I don't think I've ever seen someone advertise so much in my life, and I don't think I've ever seen a condo tower ever sponser something.

Does anyone know how the Vue orlando has done their thing as far as advertising goes?

oh okay, thats not really much of an event, so that doesn't sound as desperation, but was Vue Orlando as Ad heavy as vue charlotte?

The sale of tickets wasn't the event. The event was when they held the drawing. It was tied to a model rendering release or floor plan release, and was a formal party with further fund raising.

The add blitz in Orlando only seemed to last about two weeks because it sold out so quickly. The building is up to about floor 12 now of 36. They could have built much higher from the demand were it not for Orlando's height limitations due to airport proximity.

Because they are promoting themselves like this thing is happening no matter what, which you know, gives me a good feeling, because I don't think I've ever seen someone advertise so much in my life, and I don't think I've ever seen a condo tower ever sponser something.

But we have also never had a building like the Vue. Isn't it 400+ units? If we have anywhere near 50% sold then I'm not worried, it just takes time.

Remember how much of this same talk we had about the OCC coming down and getting things started for Epicenter, everyone was worried it wouldn't happen.

I did some digging today on this project with one of my reliable sources.....apparantly they just made their pre-sell requirements in the last couple of weeks....this along with a firm construction date should be publically announced in the next week or so.

Take that all ye skeptics. Now I'm smiling too. :D

I did some digging today on this project with one of my reliable sources.....apparantly they just made their pre-sell requirements in the last couple of weeks....this along with a firm construction date should be publically announced in the next week or so.

I love all these people with reliable sources. I'm hopefully going into urban planning, so maybe I'll be able to help out on that front in the next couple years.

That is great news. So when this finally gets announced (hopefully next couple of weeks) for construction, we will have the Vue, 210 Trade, and Wachovia, all definates. These are my 3 favorites.

I wonder if the Vue here in Charlotte, when they announced, expected the onslought of other condo announcements, therefore slowing down there sales. I mean we have 15 to 20 condos announced. I know they won't all get built, but many of them will.

There are 30 high rise residential projects under construction or proposed in Orlando. The Vue sold out quickly in part because it was one of the first. The market is just hot. Another project over 300 units broke ground yesterday and is already sold out as well.

The people building the Vue seemed to have their act together and the one in Charlotte should go up fast. They use tunnel form construction, so after the base and parking area are done the rest of the floors get finished quickly.

There are 30 high rise residential projects under construction or proposed in Orlando. The Vue sold out quickly in part because it was one of the first. The market is just hot. Another project over 300 units broke ground yesterday and is already sold out as well.

The people building the Vue seemed to have their act together and the one in Charlotte should go up fast. They use tunnel form construction, so after the base and parking area are done the rest of the floors get finished quickly.

Problem is that not all projects will be a go. The most highly priced once will sell slower. The Vue (here in Charlotte) from what i understand, is more expensive, in terms of $/sq. ft. I guess that is partially because it is so tall (51 stories). But it sounds like it might have just hit it's pre-sales requirement so it is a moot point with this project. I mean the market will get saturated at some point. I actually heard Charlotte's city council was thinking about putting a freeze on highrise projects downtown. Not sure what the deal with that is or if it will happen.

I know it was talked about awhile ago, but, how does the tunnel construction work? Do they just build the shell of the building and then put the floors in one by one after that?

There is a big discussion on tunnel-form construction earlier in this thread, but essentially most vertical walls are poured concrete, rather than pouring columns and then laying a floor.....this allows them to keep moving since they don't have to wait a couple of days beween pourings to let everything dry.....in theory, they could go as fast a floor in 3 days instead of a week.