The Vue

cooperdawg

good spaghetti...residential skyscraper...goog spaghetti...residential skyscraper....

it is a close call, but i've gotta say, i'm glad to have the vue sales center there :).

i'm not sure, though, what happened to the idea.  we do need an italian restaurant downtown now that you mention that... i can't think of one off the top of my head.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

off topic...but try Coco Osteria (across Tryon from Capital Grille). Same owners as Luce but much more casual and very reasonably priced. Excellent Italian!

6 feet of sway on a normal day? Not a chance! The most noticable sway I've ever felt was when I was in Tokyo Tower (1,000+ feet tall) on a fairly windy day, and the guy operating the elevator said it was probably swaying about 10cm. You could feel the tower moving, but it didn't feel like a big deal at all.

Even in hurricane-force winds, I wouldn't expect much more than a foot or so of sway in either direction on 600-700ish foot towers like Vue. Mind you, a foot of sway might be a bit disorienting for someone who tends to get motion sickness, but it shouldn't be enough to make the water in your toilet splash.

^  Where is A2?  I thought this late-breaking news would have him flipping out.  He's probably out buying a carton of cigs to calm his nerves.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i wasn't sure what you meant, and was scurred to ask..... has it been bumped up a storey because of strong sales response... or just taller spires :)?

Speculation of strong sales I suppose.....they won't begin actual sales until Sept. 12. I did find out that the developer is holding onto a lot of choice units to presumeably "flip" at completion.

None the less....there has been another floor added.

Speculation of strong sales I suppose.....they won't begin actual sales until Sept. 12.  I did find out that the developer is holding onto a lot of choice units to presumeably "flip" at completion.

None the less....there has been another floor added.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The sales lady I talked to did intimate a strong response. However, the response might be more shoppers than anything. I'd be reluctant if I were them to hold back too many units. Might get into a situation like the Park. Just build another building if you think it is that much of a sweet deal.

The sales lady I talked to did intimate a strong response.  However, the response might be more shoppers than anything.  I'd be reluctant if I were them to hold back too many units.  Might get into a situation like the Park.  Just build another building if you think it is that much of a sweet deal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree, but the vue has definite funding, right? isn't that what separates this from the park?

I find this recent graphic interesting.  I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

0818homesales.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they're out of their gourd on that one

prices (at least per square foot) have been increasing strongly in the center city

must be the raw price which drops as more small units go on sale, not the price per square foot

^  Where is A2?  I thought this late-breaking news would have him flipping out.  He's probably out buying a carton of cigs to calm his nerves.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAHA ! I'm baaaaaack.... :lol:

It has been one busy day to say the least. I saw the post, and I am excited if that is the case. So what is going on with this anyway's ? Did they decide to go another floor higher becasue of an anticiaption of higher sales??

A2

Nevermind, just saw your post to D. This is GREAT !!! Hell , why stop at 51, Make it 65 !!!

Love this tower. However I have to admit, I am now a bit jealous of the proposal Nashville has right now with their 700ft Signature tower. Has anyone seen the rendering of their tower??? IT IS IMPRESSIVE !!! B)

A2

I looks like an office tower with balconies IMO.......I really don't like it as a condo tower. It will look good from afar, but really odd up close.

Is it even a real proposal though? The developer initially announced it last year as "something" that might somehow get built sometime.

I'm sure they'd make the Vue 65 stories if you'd commit to occupying the top 14.

I looks like an office tower with balconies IMO.......I really don't like it as a condo tower.  It will look good from afar, but really odd up close.

Is it even a real proposal though?  The developer initially announced it last year as "something" that might somehow get built sometime.

I'm sure they'd make the Vue 65 stories if you'd commit to occupying the top 14.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am running a bit low in my account right now. You think you could spot me atlrvr??? :P

A2

they're out of their gourd on that one

prices (at least per square foot) have been increasing strongly in the center city

must be the raw price which drops as more small units go on sale, not the price per square foot

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bingo. it is average home sale price. What that means is that how ever many years ago, there were home sales were mostly expensive condos (think church street) and historic homes (fourth ward victorians). Now, there is significant number of home units selling in the 100-250 range, especially with the tiny efficiency units in courtside, court6, alexander court, etc. In that case, it is actually proof that housing downtown is staying affordable, even though ppsf is increase, and people are gaining appreciation on their existing units.

that number may turn around, though, as the higher priced condos in the high rises start selling.

This is definetly a case of smaller condo units coming on the market (floor 2 of 715 N Church is a good example) as opposed to last year.

Even more obvious of this trend is 28203 which is Dilworth/Wilmore. It shows a decline but this is primarily due to the 114 units at The Village at Southend where 95% of them were priced below $250k....much lower than the previous zip code average.

This type of info is meaningless unless they actually look at resale of the same or identical units over a period of time. I think you would see an increase of about 20-25% in downtown over a 1 year period, but that's just an estimate.

neighbors with the same unit as i own are selling at 45% higher than what we purchased it at 4 years ago. That is ~11% appreciation per year (although most of that appreciation was from the the last 2 years, as prices were fairly stagnant during the Asphalt Plant Crisis of 02-03).

There's a lot of 'splainin to do with that map. Why is 28212 (Eastland Mall area) showing a strong price rise? Why is 28211 (Costwold) showing declines?

I suppose the "declines" in Davidson and Cornelius are examples of more affordable housing becoming available.

Edited by MZT

There's a lot of 'splainin to do with that map. Why is 28212 (Eastland Mall area) showing a strong price rise? Why is 28211 (Costwold) showing declines?

I suppose the "declines" in Davidson and Cornelius are examples of more affordable housing becoming available.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Davidson had the strongest rise in the county on that map. It is a very popular place to live where houses ususally sell for asking price (and sometimes more) when put on the market.

Cornelius probably fell due the the number of bankrupcies on very high end housing on the Lake.

Davidson had the strongest rise in the county on that map.  It is a very popular place to live where houses ususally sell for asking price (and sometimes more) when put on the market. 

Cornelius probably fell due the the number of bankrupcies on very high end housing on the Lake.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'd bet in areas without large changes in housing stock, that the numbers are reflective of the same houses. That may be true in cornelius (i know a few people personally who had serious difficulties selling their houses in cornelius). In other areas, however, that are seeing rapid growth in smaller, more affordable units, the numbers are just indicative of a demographic shift, rather than appreciation rates of existing housing stock.

downtown property has NOT lost value, so that map is highly misleading.