The Vue

cooperdawg

Nice floorplans. I notice that some of the units have a lot of external wall space resulting in large walls of windows which I would presume would let in a lot of natural light. While at the sametime there are similar size designs that only have one window and resemble being in a tunnel. Any ideas if the pricing/sq ft is related to that?

Also looks as if the top floor is really 2 stories which may account for the 51st floor.

the C/Type 2 is a really interesting plan. It is 3 bedrooms plus a den, but the way it is structured, you have roughly 2 wings: one with a large bedroom/bathroom and a den, and the other with the masterbed/bath and a second large bed/bath. Then there is a common area with the kitchen, greatroom and balcony.

this setup makes it possible to rent out the extra wing.

i think that is pretty cool.

Did anybody do any comparison between Vue, FAP (fifth and polar) and Avenue?

I think the vue prices are little bit more expensive then the other two. I believe The Vue is starting at $350/sq ft. At fifth and poplar it is more like $300/sq. ft. I am not quite sure about Price per sq ft at avenue but the 1-bedroom units are starting from $170,000.

Positives about Vue: Very nice looking building. Tennis court (My personal preference)

Positives about fap: It is sitting on 3 acres land with 1.5-acre courtyard. I think the 1.5-acre courtyard is bigger than avenue and Vue combined.

Positives about avenue: better location than the other two. The builder is supposed to be good.

what do you guys think?

Okay........I'm looking at the floorplans.

The 50th floor Premium plan is nice nice nice. There is pretty decent space in the master bedroom and decent closet space. I also like the balconies. Thank heavens they give you more than just one lil itty bitty balcony off the living room or master bedroom.

But the PH1 and it's huuuuuuuuuuge balcony. Now that is the one I would want. :thumbsup:

I'm not familiar with how this building is related to Uptown (did I say it right?) but is a west view a good view of the city?

Okay........I'm looking at the floorplans.

The 50th floor Premium plan is nice nice nice. There is pretty decent space in the master bedroom and decent closet space. I also like the balconies. Thank heavens they give you more than just one lil itty bitty balcony off the living room or master bedroom.

But the PH1 and it's huuuuuuuuuuge balcony. Now that is the one I would want.  :thumbsup: 

I'm not familiar with how this building is related to Uptown (did I say it right?) but is a west view a good view of the city?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah, unfortunately a west view will face Gateway Village. Not a bad view, but just not one of the skyline.

Ok.....there will be a 51st story, but the building will only be 50 stories tall.....a 2 story unit goes from 11-12, and the next 2 story unit goes 14-15. 

Also, the official height including spires is..................................

668'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is TALLER than the Hearst !!! yeah baby !!!!!

B)

A2

Ok.....there will be a 51st story, but the building will only be 50 stories tall.....a 2 story unit goes from 11-12, and the next 2 story unit goes 14-15. 

Also, the official height including spires is..................................

668'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so, 203 meters (ish), to refer back to the other thread. If epicentre is still planned to be 53/54 stories, it could conceivably be >200m, too.

I hate counting spires though.......I believe that the highest part that should be counted is the highest place that a person could stand......I don't know exactly how tall the spire area, but I would assume about 75 feet......making this about 180M without spires......still impressive.

Oh well...........I guess I could bear losing 106 sq feet to have an eastern, part norther, part southern view.  :P

How's that view?

But more than likely both of these units are probably already gone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would think the ultimate views would be on the Souteastern corner (per Charlotte's geography, but really true South) of the building. North views may be cool to look at the top of the victorian homes in 4th ward, but no skyline. South probably wouldn't be bad either, looking toward the stadium, park and the skyline to the left.

Did anybody do any comparison between Vue, FAP (fifth and polar) and Avenue?

I think the vue prices are little bit more expensive then the other two. I believe The Vue is starting at $350/sq ft. At fifth and poplar it is more like $300/sq. ft. I am not quite sure about Price per sq ft at avenue but the 1-bedroom units are starting from $170,000.

Positives about Vue: Very nice looking building. Tennis court (My personal preference)

Positives about fap: It is sitting on 3 acres land with 1.5-acre courtyard. I think the 1.5-acre courtyard is bigger than avenue and Vue combined.

Positives about avenue: better location than the other two. The builder is supposed to be good.

what do you guys think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess that I'm really confused. I didn't realize there were two seperate projects: The Avenue vs. the Vue. What are the physical addresses for the two?

I guess that I'm really confused.  I didn't realize there were two seperate projects:  The Avenue vs. the Vue.  What are the physical addresses for the two?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

they are seperate projects located on the same street 5th street.

http://www.avenueuptown.com/

http://www.vuecharlotte.com/

http://www.fifthandpoplar.com/

I printed out the picture, got out a ruler, drew horizon line, perspective lines, and its a good bit taller than IJL, and not much shorter than hearst, I dunno where in the world you get about as tall as IJL from, plus this is just a rendering, look at the rendering of the avenue, it can't be that much shorter than IJL, as it is in the picture. don't take this picture as WHAT its gonna look like. looks like 4 stories shorter than hearst, print it out and get a ruler, don't let perspective fool your eyes