The Vue

cooperdawg

How late are they open?  I'll be uptown tonight and might just have to stop by.

"No honey, I just want to stop in and look at the BIG........um, building...."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol:

I think those gals might be out by 8 or so. If someone is in there they will let you in, if you signal them. That's what we did last night and they were more than happy to let some of us UP guys in. Definately check it out Mobuchu.

A2

another bennie...the girls sip champagne, supposedly reserved for prospective buyers, for much of the afternoon.  So they get friendlier as the day goes on...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

haha..

How many more off-topic posts about the Vue Girls before monsoon starts issuing warnings? I figure he'll start once this thread rolls over to page 30.

Unless, of course, MC posts a few more creative road signs.

They better run out and get another soil sample. That is real popular to do now days.

Why don't they go to 60 stories just in case there are some big spenders out there.

I think it may be awhile before we see any more high rise condos, until the country adjust to all the new construction down on the Gulf coast.

Will it effect the construction here in Charlotte?

I wonder if anyone on the "lower" floors on the Vue on the 5th Street side have any concerns about living across the street from City View Towers. That's the student housing residence recently completed.

I think the first students moved in there about 3 weeks ago and I swear everytime I walk past it at night it seems there are parties galore going on and kids yelling stuff down at people on the street from their balconies. It seems to me that it's basically an expensive domitory for spoiled rich kids. A friend of mine is a student at Johnson & Wales and tells me that kids who live there are literally tearing the place apart inside - and its only mid-September!! He also tells me it's so bad that the school is considering disciplinary action against many of the students and weighing other possible options.

I never did understand the concept of upscale student housing. My, how things have changed since I went to college - I had a concrete block room with no A/C and a community bathroom. Anyway, if I was paying $600 a foot for a luxury condo, I would be pretty pissed about having to deal with that sort of nonsense outside my window. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Edited by SmellyCat

I wonder if anyone on the "lower" floors on the Vue on the 5th Street side have any concerns about living across the street from City View Towers.  That's the student housing residence recently completed.

I think the first students moved in there about 3 weeks ago and I swear everytime I walk past it at night it seems there are parties galore going on and kids yelling stuff down at people on the street from their balconies.  It seems to me that it's basically an expensive domitory for spoiled rich kids.  A friend of mine is a student at Johnson & Wales and tells me that kids who live there are literally tearing the place apart inside - and its only mid-September!!  He also tells me it's so bad that the school is considering disciplinary action against many of the students and weighing other possible options.

I never did understand the concept of upscale student housing.  My, how things have changed since I went to college - I had a concrete block room with no A/C and a community bathroom.  Anyway, if I was paying $600 a foot for a luxury condo, I would be pretty pissed about having to deal with that sort of nonsense outside my window.  Or maybe I'm just getting old.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that's more likely the case, smellycat :)

I went to my appointment yesterday and everything seemed really nice. If price was no object, this would definitely be the tops in urban living. Notably, the cost of pretty much the same sized unit as the one I'm moving into at Courtside (sans, of course, the fancy plumbing, appliances and travertine marble) was quite literally double. Seems like you have to spend twice as much to get the remaining 10% of luxury you'd be missing at Courtside. I think I'll pass. Hanging out there at the highest price point would give me the willies.

Despite the kids across the street. This will still be the best residence downtown. You can't control every variable but I would prefer student housing across the street to a garage or cheesy retail space. I think all those people in a small area will add to availability / diversity of restaturants and entertainment. I heard through a realtor friend that people who have purchased at other locations including the ratcliff are looking to relocate to the vue. I went to the showroom the other day and the finish will be awesome. It is true that you could buy a cheaper condo elsewhere and finish it similarily for a fraction of the cost. The price is not based on the finish alone. It is location location first, consistancy of the product, amenities, engineering costs. Having said all that, I wish I could afford to buy a studio there but I can't. will have to settle for something a in 1st ward until I win the lottery.

Thanks for the fix.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

y'welcome

I heard through a realtor friend that people who have purchased at other locations including the ratcliff are looking to relocate to the vue.

does this include the "stars" or famous people like Mr. and Mrs. Peete, Mr.Johnson, Mr.Furman, and/or Mr.Gordon?

Despite the kids across the street. This will still be the best residence downtown. You can't control every variable but I would prefer student housing across the street to a garage  or cheesy retail space. I think all those people in a small area will add to availability / diversity of restaturants and entertainment. I heard through a realtor friend that people who have purchased at other locations including the ratcliff are looking to relocate to the vue. I went to the showroom the other day and the finish will be awesome. It is true that you could buy a cheaper condo elsewhere and finish it similarily for a fraction of the cost. The price is not based on the finish alone. It is location location first, consistancy of the product, amenities, engineering costs. Having said all that, I wish I could afford to buy a studio there but I can't. will have to settle for something a in 1st ward until I win the lottery.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i do like the vue -- however i think they are outpricing themselves for this market. 500 - 600 per sq foot is out-of-line for uptown charlotte at this time. i doubt i could have much return on an investment at this price. however, i do hope they get these prices, as it will only increase the value of my condo in Jefferson square in 4th ward. i can't wait to see how this all plays out! what will ghazi price his units at? what is next on the horizon? :whistling:

^good question about EpiCentre.  Will the Vue's lofty pricing set a new bar for projects around town?  I'm especially curious how it will impact pricing for the upcoming Furman/Third Ward Park project.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it seems like there will be a permanent differential between highrise living and lowrise living. low rise condos and townhomes don't have hardly any of the collective amenities, and won't command anywhere near the same premium. recent first ward sales that i have seen are still less than 300 dpsf.