The Vue

cooperdawg

I firmly believe that they will easily sell out at the Vue, though it appears mostly to people who want to live there for a long period of time (it's hard to believe these people still exist).

As far as EpiCentre, I'll throw this out, though I will qualify it by saying the info was provided by a competing developer so I can't attest to its authenticity (we have several lawyer poster's so I of course need to cover myself), the prices will range from $200k-$400k......

Also perhaps of some interest, they have published prices for other projects without publically announced pricing.....615 E Morehead is $550k-$1.5M, The Citadin at $180k-$450k, and the Midtown Square tower at $160k-$1.4M.

For what its worth (and I'm not suggesting if its a good or bad deal) but the HOA's are lower at The Vue than at either The Avenue or 230 S. Tryon.

For me, what makes the project so valuable is the tunnel-form construction (I know we spent 2 pages discussing this), but I really am enamored with the idea of urban living without ever hearing your neighbors (though I'm sure there will still be some degree of "street noise"). Quite simply, it will be the best damn built structure in the city (at least those built within the last 25 years).

While it may be quieter than steel beams and sheetrock, I would not expect it to be silent from neighbors. Doors, windows, conduits for utilities, etc. will all pass noise between the units. While concrete does stop casual conversations from being heard, it can amplify such things as low fequency bass found on powerful sterios these days.

There may be more street noise on these units as the concrete tunnels will tend to capture the noise through the glass and amplify it within the unit. A lot will depend upon the balcony construction. I've seen very bad where it is really noisy like Gateway (OMG you can't hear your self think if you live on a Trade facing unit), and very very good in Japan where street noise never makes it into the units even on units only 3-4 stories off the ground.

i lived in a concrete-walled highrise condo during my highschool years, and there is DEFINITELY low noise carrying, with the exception of loud vibrations between floors for activities like remodeling. i could crank up my music and you could barely hear it in the rest of the house.

no one expects zero noise in the center city, but high rise tunnel form will as close as practicable.

58 stories or not? Still havent gotten a chance to go to the sales center.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the sales center people were the ones that said/confirmed 58 stories. i'm not sure many are going to be stating that as an absolute fact, though, until we see it mentioned more like that in the papers, their website, etc.... and obviously nothing is true until its sold and/or built.

Does anyone know how many units they have currently sold, and how many units do they need to presell in order to start construction? Although it sound slike these things are selling like hotcakes, could jsut be the women in the sales center telling BS (which of course their trained to do).

Regardless of pre-sells, they won't start construction until next September 2006.....so, that is 9 months to sell probably 200 units (they need about a 90 day window to accomplish pre-construction tasks).....based on taking a quick scan on the price/sold list in their office, I'd estimate that they have already sold between 50-75 units.

Regardless of pre-sells, they won't start construction until next September 2006.....so, that is 9 months to sell probably 200 units (they need about a 90 day window to accomplish pre-construction tasks).....based on taking a quick scan on the price/sold list in their office, I'd estimate that they have already sold between 50-75 units.

yes those beautiful sales people are EXtremely smooth....they told me to move up my presentation date due to the rapid sales ("to make sure i get what i want"). unfortunately the prices are too high for me for investment purposes (don't trust the resale value -- with this economy / interest rates / gas etc). i suspect ~50 units are sold as well (all the ratcliffe people probably re-locating -- lots of these units now on the market) but that last 200 hundred will be the big challenge at > 500 psf! i'm thinking i will be able to get in later at a much better price....should be interesting! :whistling:

i'm thinking i will be able to get in later at a much better price....should be interesting!

I don't think they will reduce the prices in the future. That would be unfair to all people who bought it initially. Only thing they can do is cancel the project, if they can't sell enough units. All the people looking for condos at reasonably good prices might want to look at FAP and Avenue.

yes those beautiful sales people are EXtremely smooth....they told me to move up my presentation date due to the rapid sales ("to make sure i get what i want"). unfortunately the prices are too high for me for investment purposes (don't trust the resale value -- with this economy / interest rates / gas etc). i suspect ~50 units are sold as well (all the ratcliffe people probably re-locating -- lots of these units now on the market) but that last 200 hundred will be the big challenge at > 500 psf! i'm thinking i will be able to get in later at a much better price....should be interesting! :whistling:

Interesting about the Ratcliff, I wondered if that would be the case. Who would want to live there when you could live 40 floors higher? Thanks for the insight and welcome to Urbanplanet.org.

I like the Ratcliff since it has retail/restraunts on the Ground floor, plus it is connected to the Green. But there is NO skyline view, and IMO they are WAY overpriced ! I agree with MB, this was bound to happen with the new and improved pruduct line-up getting ready to inundate Charlotte !

A2

Edited by A219724

i'm thinking i will be able to get in later at a much better price....should be interesting! :whistling:

If you mean buying a resale unit, and are willing to wait 2-4 years... I'd say almost certainly. There will be somebody in that building that needs to move b/c of a job transfer or something, and will sell for what's owed on their mortgage, leaving their down payment behind. :cry: Just be flexible as a buyer about what floor and what size.

Edited by MZT

The Ratcliffe is probably my favorite residential building in town. I realize the view sucks, and I realize it's incredibly expensive for the location/height, but there's just something about it that I love.

So just in case the market collapses, or downtown becomes an undesirable slum, or nuclear winter runs everybody out of town, I officially call "dibs" on a Ratcliffe penthouse. That means hands off, everybody.

Still no solid info on it being 58 stories <_<

definitely no solid info on that... it is still showing 51 on their website.

by the way, has anyone checked out the southwestern unit of floors 44-50? 3217sf, 4+1 bedroom, 3.5 bathrooms, a 15x15 master closet and a 32X14 master bedroom, and 483 sq foot of balcony space. :o that is just jaw-dropping. Those all must be at least 2mil.