The Vue

cooperdawg

:w00t:

Here is a rendering I had never seen before focused in on the Penthouse level.....quite a view.

Image by the architect Forum Studio.

Man I think I just got VERTIGO !

:w00t:

Hope no one gets to tipsy up there drinking all that fine wine.

Boy, the consequences would be kind of nasty. Yikes ! :shok:

A2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This building has a lot of units to sell, and it's defining a market that hasn't been well established. The Arlington would be the closest match, and that has taken quite a while to finish out. [With the lower retail still vacant.] Also considering the sheer size of the structure, engineering and planning details, I'm not surprised it's taking time for it to come into being.

How long can the buyers' deposits be held? A year... Two? I wonder if anyone is getting impatient yet, as they watch Trademark and Avenue take shape.

Has anyone ever stepped forward on UP and claimed to have bought a unit here?

Edited by MZT

On SkyscraperPage each city's high rises are diagramed in a tallest-to-shortest fashion with wonderful renderings of each building.

210 Trade is on the diagram, as the second tallest building in the city and state. But the Vue has no drawing and is not listed as it's height would seem to make it (?)

Is there much of a precedent for a project of this magnitude and history to fall apart, and all the buyers get their money back?

Have any of you confirmed about the VUE sales stats thus far? I spoke to a close friend, who's a real estate agent in the Uptown Charlotte area, and he told me today that he doesn't think the VUE will even break ground because they are having a difficult time selling 50% of the units needed for construction. Whether or not this is true or false, it's still news to me, and interesting to hear from him, who only sells new construction in Uptown. I sure hope the VUE does, indeed, get built in Charlotte, but it's also hard to imagine that there are over 200 people that are willing to fork out the $375-$600/sq. range that the units are demanding, while most upper echelon units in Uptown are still in the $350-$400/sq. MAX range. Like I said, just a rumor I heard, and surely, it's something that I think could be true, as they are pushing so hard with their advertisements. Perhaps, that's the reason that the VUE has been saying they will break ground by END of this year, as they really aren't exactly sure if the Charlotte market can sustain their asking price just yet, and if they feel that it can't, they will just suspend building.

Edited by kennethlin