The Vue

cooperdawg

I know it was talked about awhile ago, but, how does the tunnel construction work? Do they just build the shell of the building and then put the floors in one by one after that?

I guess the time savings is in not building new framework for each individual floor. It appears that they have a generic form for each condo model that they put in place by crane for the whole floor and pour the concrete around it. The building concrete looks thinner going up but it really isn't. It's just the lack of additional framing that you are use to seeing during construction.

What do the yea-sayers get to eat? :) Peking Duck in the Penthouse unit in 2008?

I'm liking this, though:

UrbanPlanet.org: 12:44pm

Charlotte Observer.com: 4:40pm

:)

I'm SO excited. The Vue was my favorite tower that I wanted to be built (but someone else to buy units in).

On my flight to Dallas this past week, I got bumped to first class (I flew out of Charlotte instead of RDU). Being nosy, this guy in front of me had his laptop open with a lot pictures on a lake (Lake Wylie I think...definitely SC near Charlotte). Anyway, he was typing an email stating he and his wife (sitting next to me) had put down earnest money on a $1,100,000 money dollar condo in downtown Charlotte (Vue) and were relocated from Colorado Springs to Charlotte. He seemed to be a boating/kayaking enthusiast and had something to do with the whitewater park, etc. What was funny (ol' nosy me), the email stated that he had no plans of purchasing in downtown but saw the renderings, etc. and deciding to go for it.

After a while, a struck up a casual conversation with his wife and indeed they were relocating.

He also opened up info on a few mutual fund accounts (I was trying hard not to look, but ol' well) and if those were his, that price won't hurt him......first class, what a place.

On my flight to Dallas this past week, I got bumped to first class (I flew out of Charlotte instead of RDU). Being nosy, this guy in front of me had his laptop open with a lot pictures on a lake (Lake Wylie I think...definitely SC near Charlotte). Anyway, he was typing an email stating he and his wife (sitting next to me) had put down earnest money on a $1,100,000 money dollar condo in downtown Charlotte (Vue) and were relocated from Colorado Springs to Charlotte. He seemed to be a boating/kayaking enthusiast and had something to do with the whitewater park, etc. What was funny (ol' nosy me), the email stated that he had no plans of purchasing in downtown but saw the renderings, etc. and deciding to go for it.

Are you sure you want to share that you did this? It is a little creepy. :blink:

But I sure am glad we have rich people to buy million dollar condos in 50 story buildings :).

Are you sure you want to share that you did this? It is a little creepy. :blink:

But I sure am glad we have rich people to buy million dollar condos in 50 story buildings :).

Typically, I wouldn't be that nosy, but plane rides are boring and he had this huge laptop display with these interesting pictures (I wasn't straining as he was at a diagonal in the window seat holding the display up a little for his wife to see who was sitting behind him next to me). From a diagonol, it is very easy to see in between the seats and once I saw downtown condo Charlotte, etc, I was glued.......I doubt if many UPers would've turned away...I was just sitting there enjoying the wine and food. For some odd reason, I don't think he cared (he didn't expose acct #'s but stock/mutual fund names with balances) or just didn't know some nosy ass UPer was sitting behind him. :D

anybody know of any webcams up yet? :D

I wish they would put webcams up on this site, but doubt they would. There isn't a tower to mount one in close proximity like there is for the Epicentre or Avenue. Maybe someone from these boards can take a giant pole and mount a webcam on that when the project starts.

I was thinking that this building might alter the traditional angle that the Charlotte skyline is taken from. Instead of taking it from down Trade, I think the new angle might be with this building forming the lefthand side of the shot, and the new Wachovia being on the right. I can't imagine we could allow the Vue, no matter how beautiful, to obstruct BofA in any way.

I was thinking that this building might alter the traditional angle that the Charlotte skyline is taken from. Instead of taking it from down Trade, I think the new angle might be with this building forming the lefthand side of the shot, and the new Wachovia being on the right. I can't imagine we could allow the Vue, no matter how beautiful, to obstruct BofA in any way.

Kind of like the view that seems to win the photo contest every year. Just expanded a little bit more. I love that view.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/14477816.htm

It's funny that after being so long since The Vue was talked about on UP as the project for women, the Observer is back talking about that.

While people are being skeptical of the actual sales at the Vue, I somehow think that the Vue numbers are baked into the reported numbers by the Observer, with 1000 high rise units under contract out of 1300. I know we like to be skeptical, and make fun of our newspaper, but that is a pretty direct statistic that would surely need to have been fact checked. Am I wrong ?

I'm shocked to hear some people being positive about this. :D

Well, I'd sacrifice the view at The Vue (that wasn't intentional I swear) to get an entertainment complex at 210 Trade. I'm more of a "living in the core" person than a "spends an extra 100,000 just to be on a certain side of the building" person. So let the ladies have it, still makes for a short Walk of Shame back home.

Edited by aussie luke