The Vue

cooperdawg

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/business/14477816.htm

It's funny that after being so long since The Vue was talked about on UP as the project for women, the Observer is back talking about that.

While people are being skeptical of the actual sales at the Vue, I somehow think that the Vue numbers are baked into the reported numbers by the Observer, with 1000 high rise units under contract out of 1300. I know we like to be skeptical, and make fun of our newspaper, but that is a pretty direct statistic that would surely need to have been fact checked. Am I wrong ?

Finally, I brought this up forever ago and now some evidence to back up what I learned a while back. This project is moving forward in my office with site development beyond rezoning.

It's funny that after being so long since The Vue was talked about on UP as the project for women, the Observer is back talking about that.

Well..... As you now know from the PM that I sent to you, a lot of people are reading this thread. :lol:

wow, almost 50,000 views

Little blurb about the VUE at CLT.com.. It talks about high-tech internet features, but mentions that groundbreaking is scheduled for third quarter this year..

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/14547476.htm

HA! Notice that there are dueling press releases for these two projects. Note the Bar Management press release. They're really going to be going at it. This is going to be fun to watch.

Little blurb about the VUE at CLT.com.. It talks about high-tech internet features, but mentions that groundbreaking is scheduled for third quarter this year..

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/14547476.htm

From the article

"Churchill Development Group LLC plans a direct pipeline giving every resident commercial grade high-speed Internet access up to 30 times faster than traditional residential installations... Proximiti said both the Charlotte and Florida highrises will be completely digital, including WiFi access, TV and telephone systems."

If that's the case, that bumps The Vue up to second on my list. I'm wondering if by completely, they mean TV's are coming preinstalled.

Not sure if there are many doubters of this project anymore or if this means anything to the ones who do still doubt it, but I heard from a through someone who is dealing with a real estate agent for the Vue that said the pre-sale requirements were definately met. Just thought I would through that in there for what it is worth, but after all the press I for one have heard all I need to have no doubts this is true.

Yeah, I think actually last week the Observer announced that they had met thier pre-sale requirements. As matter of fact a member of UP stated the same thing a day before the Observer did.

Not sure if there are many doubters of this project anymore or if this means anything to the ones who do still doubt it, but I heard from a through someone who is dealing with a real estate agent for the Vue that said the pre-sale requirements were definately met. Just thought I would through that in there for what it is worth, but after all the press I for one have heard all I need to have no doubts this is true.

I think its a done deal, but then again I have not been following sky scraper development that long.

Yeah, I think actually last week the Observer announced that they had met thier pre-sale requirements. As matter of fact a member of UP stated the same thing a day before the Observer did.

On the Park thread there are still some cynics thinking that was just spin to keep the buzz going, but that it might not be true as they have never released sales numbers. Personally, I believe that it really is ago and they met presales, but that they are understandably trying to leverage the press to keep selling.

I think its a done deal, but then again I have not been following sky scraper development that long.

Yes I know this, but people are still saying they don't believe it.

Proximiti said both the Charlotte and Florida highrises will be completely digital, including WiFi access, TV and telephone systems."

Hmm, I already have complete digital here in Huntersville with Satellite TV, High Speed Cable, and VoIP phone, and everything connected via a WiFi router. My TV has been completely digital since 1999 when I installed Dish Network. It's nice to see downtown finally catch up. :lol:

I would not be surprised if the are referring to 'fiber' to each unit. Fiber seems to be catching on for the 'last-mile'. In the northeast, Verizon is doing that.

That is how I interpretted it when I read it, as otherwise everyone already has access to all digital, downtown and everywhere else, as the cable company offers all that.

I guess the main point of calling themselves high-tech is the fact that the entire building will be "hotspot" enabling all users to access the internet via laptop from anywhere in the building. Also, that the Internet speeds will be 30 times faster than typical residential speeds which does hint to fiber optics. But obviously digital cable and digital phones are not really what we consider high-tech these days.

Hmm, I already have complete digital here in Huntersville with Satellite TV, High Speed Cable, and VoIP phone, and everything connected via a WiFi router. My TV has been completely digital since 1999 when I installed Dish Network. It's nice to see downtown finally catch up. :lol:

I guess the main point of calling themselves high-tech is the fact that the entire building will be "hotspot" enabling all users to access the internet via laptop from anywhere in the building. Also, that the Internet speeds will be 30 times faster than typical residential speeds which does hint to fiber optics. But obviously digital cable and digital phones are not really what we consider high-tech these days.

If they have a direct line to the internet, it's insanely fast in comparison to say, Road Runner. Even RR Business class can't compete with a direct line to the internet. A direct line is like what BOA uses for ALL of its employees for each building. That's a lot more computers than will be in a condo. So, if you were to "legally" download a song, you probably couldn't even sneeze in the time it would take to dl. I know that the residential version of RR gets 7 Mbps now and we get a 4MB file in about 12 seconds here.

Voip and Digi Cable, no, not a big deal, not sure how they're coming with cable preinstalled, maybe they will include service cost in the rent.

If they have a direct line to the internet, it's insanely fast in comparison to say, Road Runner. Even RR Business class can't compete with a direct line to the internet. A direct line is like what BOA uses for ALL of its employees for each building. That's a lot more computers than will be in a condo. So, if you were to "legally" download a song, you probably couldn't even sneeze in the time it would take to dl. I know that the residential version of RR gets 7 Mbps now and we get a 4MB file in about 12 seconds here.

That is not necessarily true. Speed is also depending on upload speeds of the server you are connected to. It is all dependant on the switch speeds, caps, etc. between you and the connected server.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, on a happy note, the developers of The Vue have requested a rule change to allow them to sell the land without the conditional zoning specific to The Vue project. The text amendment would allow the zoning to revert to UMUD from their conditional UMUD-O if they want to sell the land without doing the project.

http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Planni...ns/2006-068.htm

That sounds like great news to me. :blink: