The Vue

cooperdawg

From what I've been told today, the base has been left intentionally plains along Graham and 6th, because it will be wrapped in the future by low-mid-rise development with ground floor retail (though I think they are selling off the parcels and not developing this component themselves).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

O that's good news then. Thanks

I think the single taller story is the real Vue......typically the developers are more current on what they post rather than architects......that could have been the first rendering before 4th Ward flipped out at how poorly the street levels were and the exposed parking decks......

I think the single taller story is the real Vue......typically the developers are more current on what they post rather than architects......that could have been the first rendering before 4th Ward flipped out at how poorly the street levels were and the exposed parking decks......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree that the developer's website is likely the most current.

If it did turn out to be two shorter towers, i'd still be happy with it, though.

God I hope not.  A 50 story tower on that side of uptown would add some nice depth to the skyline.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree that i much prefer a single 50 floor tower there... but we would have all been cheering if they had announced 2 25-story towers originally. If they can't get people to live 50 stories up to make the economics work, i'd far rather have 2 25 story buildings than a failed project.

I'm just happy that POPULATION is coming, but obviously the taller the buildings are, the more exciting.

Wait, so we're not getting the 50 story tower?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

there are 2 architectural renderings floating around the internet. The one 50 story rendering that is on the developers webpage, and the 2 tower rendering from the architect's site that monsoon posted.

Atlrvr and i both say that it is the tall version is the final rendering, as that is on the developer's site, and that was what was reported in the press announcement.

Edited by dubone

Bret.....I certainly don't mean this in a rude way, but why are you so interested in Charlotte when you appear to live Des Moines? Do you have family here or are you considering a move here? Not that I mind. It's great to see people enthusiastic about Charlotte.

• 1 month later...

It's very well alive, but there is just so much that goes into these projects......they will open a sales center this summer (they have already signed the lease for the space)......have no fear on this one......IMO it's more likely than EpiCentre

It's very well alive, but there is just so much that goes into these projects......they will open a sales center this summer (they have already signed the lease for the space)......have no fear on this one......IMO it's more likely than EpiCentre

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe their sales center will be in on the street level at 101 Independence Center on Tryon.

They are clearing out the warehouse that will be demolished for The Vue this morning......I'm really excited about this project more than all the others, and not just because of it's height, but that it will finally complete a series of urban blocks (with Avenue) from the LRT tracks to Graham.

Edited by atlrvr

They are clearing out the warehouse that will be demolished for The Vue this morning......I'm really excited about this project more than all the others, and not just because of it's height, but that it will finally complete a series of urban blocks (with Avenue) from the LRT tracks to Graham.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree this will create a lot of synergy in that part of town. On a side note, I had a buddy of mine bring me a center city realty brochure the other day. The brochure actually has the single 50 story building on both the front and last page. I believe that they are promoting sales based on this rendering. Otherwise, they would have not shown it at all. People like to know what they are going to get when they are commiting so much capital (know what I mean???)

• 3 weeks later...

Just got off the phone with the good folks from the "Vue".

Here's a few notes from our conversation.

-They will start giving presentations in August.

-Those who were present at a presentation will have first opportunity to make an appointment to place a down payment.

-5% is due when reserving a unit. Another 5% is due when ground breaks if your unit is priced under 400k.

-It will take 10 months from the time the sales center opens to the time they break ground. This means june/july of 06 is the projected date of ground breaking.

-It will take 2 years of uninterupted construction to complete the building so they are saying completion at the end of 08.

-Only the first floor will house retail space, the rest is residential.

-There will be 5 corner units on each floor.

-Two story condos will be for 2 bedrooms units starting on the 32 floor.

-Three bedroom units will be "amazing".

This may be old news but I thought it would be interesting to some. For me personally the Vue works out best for a investment purpose since it is well spaced out from my condo at Trademark.

this is good info.

at this point, with park vitually dead, and epicentre having some seeming setbacks, i think i'd kind of written off vue in my mind, as it is that furthest away from starting....so it is always great to hear of progress, especially on a project that could have such a dramatic impact on the skyline and city.

this is good info.

at this point, with park vitually dead, and epicentre having some seeming setbacks, i think i'd kind of written off vue in my mind, as it is that furthest away from starting....so it is always great to hear of progress, especially on a project that could have such a dramatic impact on the skyline and city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the Epicentre will be fine.

Just got off the phone with the good folks from the "Vue".

Here's a few notes from our conversation.

-They will start giving presentations in August.

-Those who were present at a presentation will have first opportunity to make an appointment to place a down payment.

-5% is due when reserving a unit. Another 5% is due when ground breaks if your unit is priced under 400k.

-It will take 10 months from the time the sales center opens to the time they break ground. This means june/july of 06 is the projected date of ground breaking.

-It will take 2 years of uninterupted construction to complete the building so they are saying completion at the end of 08.

-Only the first floor will house retail space, the rest is residential.

-There will be 5 corner units on each floor.

-Two story condos will be for 2 bedrooms units starting on the 32 floor.

-Three bedroom units will be "amazing".

This may be old news but I thought it would be interesting to some. For me personally the Vue works out best for a investment purpose since it is well spaced out from my condo at Trademark.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, you're planning to flip from one to the other?