The Vue

cooperdawg

Ok.....I dug deep into my list of sources for this one to see what I could find new. The word is they will break ground in November....and no, my source is not someone on the sales team.

Seems consistent with the general time frame that has been stated all along.

I love people with connections. I need some.

I am pleased to see this project still going as planned. Of all the high rise condo towers Charlotte will be adding over the next few years, I feel this one as one of the most important in terms of adding quality architecture to a much needed area of downtown. This tower will definitely add some depth to the Charlotte skyline.

So...I didn't really know where to put this since it covers both the Vue and 210...did anyone catch Doug's article on the Trust in his next-big-thing on Wed? It had blurbs about the Vue and 210.

He said that Vue was stated to break ground in first quarter 2007 (now that's vague) and that 210 would break ground April 2007. Hmmmm.....

Ok.....I dug deep into my list of sources for this one to see what I could find new. The word is they will break ground in November....and no, my source is not someone on the sales team.

Seems consistent with the general time frame that has been stated all along.

Is November in the first quarter of 2007?

It's as in the first quarter of 2007 as 210 Trade being completed in Fall 2006, or the Park beginning construction in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, or 2005, or Alpha Mill not delivering units until late 2007, or Aloft being at the corner of College and Trade, or Wachovia building a 30-35 story tower, or etc. etc. etc.

While I enjoy Doug Smith's articles, 2nd hand information from marketing agencies and either overly enthusiastic or overly conservative developers leads to some skepticism in such matters. I stick by my November data as the anticipated start date.....if permitting, or lender issues push it back, then so be it, I just reported the date that the developer honestly believes.

It's as in the first quarter of 2007 as 210 Trade being completed in Fall 2006, or the Park beginning construction in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, or 2005, or Alpha Mill not delivering units until late 2007, or Aloft being at the corner of College and Trade, or Wachovia building a 30-35 story tower, or etc. etc. etc.

While I enjoy Doug Smith's articles, 2nd hand information from marketing agencies and either overly enthusiastic or overly conservative developers leads to some skepticism in such matters. I stick by my November data as the anticipated start date.....if permitting, or lender issues push it back, then so be it, I just reported the date that the developer honestly believes.

Wow! Nothing to get angry about. Just pointing out the inconsistencies like have been pointed out for all projects many times that you mention. We talk about all those projects and the conflicting data just like The Vue, but for some reason to question The Vue is supposed to be off limits. Read all the other threads, no one is picking on this kid any more than any other.

Not angry....I was trying to hint around that I'm fairly certain my source on that info is a bit more concrete than Doug Smith's interpretive regurgitation.

I'd like to go on the record here, and say that I believe The Vue will be completed within 3 months before 210 Trade (and possibly before it). That's right, I said it on the record. :)

Not angry....I was trying to hint around that I'm fairly certain my source on that info is a bit more concrete than Doug Smith's interpretive regurgitation.

I'd like to go on the record here, and say that I believe The Vue will be completed within 3 months before 210 Trade (and possibly before it). That's right, I said it on the record. :)

How about a friendly wager, dinner on top of The Park if 210 is done first! :whistling:

No matter when the skyline will be happy with all of them!

That is good news about the land. To me, that is a major sign to me that things will move forward.

I wonder if November is ground-breaking, where they start digging and doing various random sitework. Then in Q1, a couple months later, they'll start construction. I'm looking forward to seeing some progress.

But it isn't fair to compare them to the Park before they've even passed their first self-imposed deadline. A single delay isn't so big of a deal, as it seems to happen on everything.

The holding company for the Vue finally closed on the remaining piece of land needed to build (a sliver owned by holdout--get this--Chris Branch of the Boulevard Companies) a couple of weeks ago. Official ground breaking is scheduled for the first week of November.

They still haven't closed on the piece owned by Preferred Parking...according to someone that works at PP.

They are slated to do so in January -- probably the reason for the 1st Quarter time frame.

Interesting thing I noticed about the Vue is that they are NOW advertising on Craigslist with, as they say, units starting RIGHT at $200,000 even. Don't believe the Vue units were EVER that low, even the 500 sq. lofts, but nevertheless, an interesting thing to happen. I wouldn't think such a high calibur and exclusive project that had been constantly advertised in the Observer, Creative Loafing, New Homes mag, Estate Homes mag, etc with millions of dollars spent would come on to craigslist to bring customers. Maybe this is a sign of desperation? Not sure, but if I was a buyer, I'd be worried about this project even breaking ground or even holding its value as many investors who bought the project.

Don't get me wrong, I SO WANT this project to be built, as it would surely improve the Uptown landscape and density, but I really believe this isn't good news, especially when it is a proven fact that they keep delaying the groundsbreaking (apparently now from Doug Smith 1Q'07) and as of yet, there has been NO NUMBERS on the sales projections. Everything has been kept a hush hush, and I rarely see people walk into their showrooms these days. We'll see...but I think there will be more to the story of this building even breaking ground. I won't believe the hype until I see movement.

Honestly, if I was interested in buying, I'd like to see HARD numbers. Keeping their mouths shut doesn't do them ANY GOOD, IMO. And I truly believe more and more interested people in this project are now losing patience on this, and I would agree with them. If I have to drop down 10% on a $500,000 (avg) price unit, I better know what is going on, how many have sold. We want to TRUTH and no truth will come out unless there are FACTS. Hopefully, the Vue will see this and change some of the ways they are doing this and prove to us Charlotteans that the project really will come from the ground.

Edited by kennethlin

Well, I talked with a friend in the planning department yesterday and a groundbreaking of November was mentioned. Having heard the same thing from many other people here on the forum, I'm guessing there's got to be something to it.

Aside from that, it was a broker listing the Vue on Craigslist, not the Vue itself. Haven't there always been 1 bedroom units for the low 200's?