The Vue

cooperdawg

I have a friend how is buying at The Vue. He was informed that he had to get his remaining deposit in this month - that is required when they break ground -- he was told that would be next month (December).

Side note: another random unit listed on the MLS by an agent -- not really a listing for one unit but directs those who view it to the sales center and website.

All word on this thread and in the papers is that they have sold enough, and will have groundbreaking this winter.

There are still some skeptics, but in general, the negativity seems to have subsided when Churchill withdrew the zoning text amendment request to give them a back up plan. That happened around the same time they worked out the land ownership issues with (I think it was) Chris Branch.

They own the land, have announced all over the place that they have enough pre-sales for financing to kick in, and now are close to the permits. I'd say I'd agree with 99% call, with the 1% being a catastrophic event.

All word on this thread and in the papers is that they have sold enough, and will have groundbreaking this winter.

They own the land, have announced all over the place that they have enough pre-sales for financing to kick in, and now are close to the permits. I'd say I'd agree with 99% call, with the 1% being a catastrophic event.

The VUE will be great for Charlotte. Point of Clarification. They do not own the land yet. They have until January 15th, 2007 or before to close on the dirt. Nothing has been started for the closing yet, but expect legal council could close something like this in 10 biz days, not including the xmas holiday and new years.

wow, what a step forward for Charlotte it would be for both the Vue and 210trade to be going up. 2 50+ condo towers, it'll be a race to the top.

And don't forget the Wachovia project. Even though the new Wachovia tower will only be in the 40 range, it will still be pretty close in height to 210 Trade and The Vue.

And don't forget the Wachovia project. Even though the new Wachovia tower will only be in the 40 range, it will still be pretty close in height to 210 Trade and The Vue.

Actually the Wachovia Tower should be the 2nd tallest in CLT. The VUE and 210 will be around the height of the 46 tower Hearst tower (or just under 700ft). The new WB tower will be just under 800 feet at 45-46 floors.

I am not knocking The VUE or 210. I love them both :wub:. Considering the fact that we will have 2 condo towers the height of the Hearst is pretty freggin' amazing.

A2

Edited by A2

Actually the Wachovia Tower should be the 2nd tallest in CLT. The VUE and 210 will be around the height of the 46 tower Hearst tower (or just under 700ft). The new WB tower will be just under 800 feet at 45-46 floors.

I am not knocking The VUE or 210. I love them both :wub:. Considering the fact that we will have 2 condo towers the height of the Hearst is pretty freggin' amazing.

A2

I pray you're right but you know what they say about counting chickens.

Like A2 said, WB will actually be the second tallest overall. This is due to the differences in floor size between residential (Vue and TTT) and LEED (WB.) So, even though the total floor count is bigger on the condo towers, they will in fact be shorter.

Like A2 said, WB will actually be the second tallest overall. This is due to the differences in floor size between residential (Vue and TTT) and LEED (WB.) So, even though the total floor count is bigger on the condo towers, they will in fact be shorter.

Won't the elevation of Tryon Street make that tower appear even larger than these other two from a distance also? I don't know how much of a drop there is, but it is definitely a good bit down from Tryon to the TTT and Vue sites.

I can't confirm it with certainty....but I believe what he said is true. I know terms had been reached with all parties, but I don't think the closing had occurred yet. That said, its not unusual for the developer to wait until the last moment to buy the land before beginning construction, so I would't be at all skeptical of this thing starting very soon.