The Vue

cooperdawg

I have heard of the land delays from other sources, plus it always seemed odd that the land purchase would be the very last thing to have in order. But I guess it doesn't really matter at this point because it is all set now.

Thank you for the validation on my postings. Its just hard facts. At least they made it to the land closing. Now Mr. Moscowitz at Westminster Partners is working on getting the short term mez loan taken out in the next few weeks. I expect them to succeed, as this is too important for them. They have The Vue Orlando that topped out already and they also cannot afford to scare off the investors in the unannouced next project: The Vue Naples???

Edited by NVQ

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone care to comment on where we stand on Groundbreaking? I actually have marked my calender for April 1 for this project to "officially" start, as this is what I was told from a source. Any others care to take a stab at a date????

A2

Well........ for one thing, I wouldn't pick April 1st :D

I'll take a stab and say April 15th!!!

Such a tease, are you saying other announcements will trump these two?

No, sorry, didn't mean to imply that, just that lots of announcements are in the pipeline. Perhaps they will equal or trump these. We still don't know what might be coming to the Renassance Apartment site in N. Tryon and there are plenty of parking lots left for big stuff. Add to that the number of out of town developers that are now prowling all over Charlotte, we can expect quite a bit.

I do know of a few center city projects that haven't been made public yet, they will be grand but not "better" or taller than TTT or The Vue.

No, sorry, didn't mean to imply that, just that lots of announcements are in the pipeline. Perhaps they will equal or trump these. We still don't know what might be coming to the Renassance Apartment site in N. Tryon and there are plenty of parking lots left for big stuff. Add to that the number of out of town developers that are now prowling all over Charlotte, we can expect quite a bit.

I do know of a few center city projects that haven't been made public yet, they will be grand but not "better" or taller than TTT or The Vue.

Choose your words carefully around here -- that might be interpreted as something!

I just love speculation.... I speculate that The Vue is never built and that The Rennaisance site is sold before it goes vertical. FCC has no high rise experience.

The magic street is South Tryon from 6th street to Stonewall!!! You may be right.. The Vue may be a $249,495,000.00 project, maybe, but look for something annouced on South Tryon from $500mm up. It will be a mega project that is well funded and has no land, people or money issues... :shades: This project will take Charlotte to the National Tier 1 City Status...

The Vue still has design issues, only closed on 1 acre of the planned 1.13 acre parcel required for the current approved design. But hope they found that expensive money to get them to the next level. Its a wonderfil project.

The magic street is South Tryon from 6th street to Stonewall!!!

:dontknow:

Seems like a vast expanse of real estate NVQ (with bldg's from 6th to Stonewall except for the "hole" between 2nd/MLK and 3rd)...Anywho, you are really keeping us UPers up in arms on what is to happen next. If we are really, really good UPers will you give us just a hint. :rolleyes:

(By the way, I don't know who you are or what you do, but your calls are spot on. Keep the info spicket running)

A2

Edited by A2