The Vue

cooperdawg

The two are polar opposites;

1. The VUE is a real project that will be built.

2. Trump building in Charlotte, wild rumors with no basis in reality.

If Trump builds Charlotte's tallest I'll shave my head. If it's the second tallest on the East Coast then I'll eat the hair.

The VUE however, will be built, so I'm not shaving or eating anything.

:lol:

I hear ya man!!! In all seriousness Trump is looking. I don't know if it will be the tallest or not, just know that he has an alias and that the guy is serious about Charlotte. I certainly would hate for you to have a hairy tounge schmopperX... :P

A2

Edited by A2

No, I think I'd like to see that.

Aaaaaanyway, have there been any updates on their pursuit of the last .13 acres they need to seal the deal?

How do you get into something this large, with the amount paid out so far in advertising, that hot office on the Square, etc, without securing part of the necessary parcel of land? I wondered this months back when someone told me that they had not completed negotiations before advertising, but this really gives the owner of the small parcel an incredible amount of horrible leverage...talk about *something* stuck in a vice.

NVQ, come on. Give us a little more info. Who is the developer? Where exactly? Height? MIxed Use? Too many possiblities.

Edit: Are you talking about something already announced? Or something that will be announced?

It has not been annouced yet! Under a non disclosure....

How do you get into something this large, with the amount paid out so far in advertising, that hot office on the Square, etc, without securing part of the necessary parcel of land? I wondered this months back when someone told me that they had not completed negotiations before advertising, but this really gives the owner of the small parcel an incredible amount of horrible leverage...talk about *something* stuck in a vice.

The first issue was that they tried to put The Vue Orlando building in the Charlotte site. Opps.. didn"t fit, do over... Then they got it approved for the entire two parcels, but they did not have a contract on the smaller parcel. But get past that all... They ran the course to get it closed, but one partner was having, lets say issues that normally cost men 50%, so he had to take a back seat. I hope they can get past all these issues, as it will be a very nice building...

I believe atlrvr mentioned that they are completing the permitting process at this time. Breaking of ground should commence shortly.

FYI

Permit Project Description Address Issued Completed Status

GRS 2006315 THE VUE THE VUE 410 W FIFTH ST 13-Nov-06 13-Nov-06 OPEN

GRS 2006315 THE VUE THE VUE 400 W 5TH ST 13-Nov-06 13-Nov-06 OPEN

GRS 2006315 THE VUE THE VUE 401 W 6TH ST 13-Nov-06 13-Nov-06 OPEN

RZC1 2006-55 THE VUE CHARLOTTE LL 418 W 5TH ST 07-Feb-06 OPEN

Permit: RZC1 2006-55

Description: CONDITIONAL REZONINGS - CITY

Project: THE VUE CHARLOTTE LL

THE VUE CHARLOTTE LLC

Issued: 07-Feb-06 Completed: ????

Expiration: Next Renewal:

Location Desc.: 418 WEST 5TH STREET

Condition: REZ19 - UMUD REQUIREMENT

Inspection:

Entered By: ACHRISTENB Entered Date: 07-Feb-06

Modified By: LBREWER Modified Date: 14-Feb-06

Completed By: Completed Date:

Due Date:

Order: 8 Status: Resolution #:

Condition Text

This project is subject to the UMUD requirements and review by the Urban Design Plan Review Team. The UMUD approval must be met prior to any building permit or grading permit issuance.

Im not sure if it has anything to do with ground breaking, but there's a crew and bobcat on the sliver of land that the Vue wanted to use for the cement pumps. It connects the Vue site to 6th street. They're digging things up and cleaning out some of the brush along the property line bordering the Fire Museum.

Humm?