The Vue

cooperdawg

It would seem to me if there was going to be a ground breaking tomorrow, then we might have seen an announcement. Afterall, look at the big deal that was made when the Park finally got around to their ground breaking. Even the Mayor showed up to stick a shovel in the ground. Certainly there would be more news for a project that is of much more magnitude than the Park.

It would seem to me if there was going to be a ground breaking tomorrow, then we might have seen an announcement. Afterall, look at the big deal that was made when the Park finally got around to their ground breaking. Even the Mayor showed up to stick a shovel in the ground. Certainly there would be more news for a project that is of much more magnitude than the Park.

That's a good point, Metro.

It would seem to me if there was going to be a ground breaking tomorrow, then we might have seen an announcement.

True...

However, as I posted in this forum about The Vue's issues in the past, with closing on the land, issues with rezoning, ect, it has all come to be true. So with that said, they are regrouping as we speak. They looked for a change agent to come out of nowhere. A White Squire to save the day. The project has been saved, but the players have changed. Look for some type of annoucement coming soon. Good for Charlotte, not so good for the original players. But it will be built! :shades:

Found out that they'll be starting work on site in may, and will have a ceremonial ground-breaking being planned for this summer, a little into construction. Great news. *even though by now the should be done with a lot since they were supposed to start in Jan.

tick-toc, tick-toc, tick-toc, tick-toc, tick-toc, tick-toc

:whistling:

Enough already, lets get some dirt movin' people!!!

A2

I was told on Friday that the reason for the delay is there is a change in ownership of the project. The entire thing is being sold to a new development group. It will still be built, but it will be delayed. May might be a good date, but my source told me that he thought it would be mid-summer.

WTF!!! I bought a place at the VUE several months ago and I am furious that they don't keep their purchasers informed. If they don't have this built for 3 more years it would be a complete lie from their sales staff. It is so sad. This is by far the nicest residential tower coming to Charlotte, and now it sounds like there is a possibility it won't ever see the light of day. Say goodbye to my downpayment!!!

FYI - the staff assured me in January that this would break ground in April. Looks like they were all wrong.

^I wouldn't go ape-sh*t just yet. Let it play out for another month and see. If the rumors are true, you won't be waiting for more than a month from what the sales people told you to see some work being done on the site. I have full faith in this project being completed in the next few years.

WTF!!! I bought a place at the VUE several months ago and I am furious that they don't keep their purchasers informed. If they don't have this built for 3 more years it would be a complete lie from their sales staff. It is so sad. This is by far the nicest residential tower coming to Charlotte, and now it sounds like there is a possibility it won't ever see the light of day. Say goodbye to my downpayment!!!

FYI - the staff assured me in January that this would break ground in April. Looks like they were all wrong.

This may be way off base...but is there anyway this development could have been sold to Trump...he could just change the name to Trump Vue. I am not savy with how the development world works but I have been reading all of the posts in here and wondered if that could/might happen. If Trump were looking here this would be a good way for him to build something and already have a lot of the work done for him (selling units, advertising, etc.)

On another note...why does this happen and does it happen a lot? Does the original development company not lose a lot of money?

Why are you so confident? Do you have information that has not been presented here, or is this just wishful thinking on your part?

Well, no, I don't have any extra information, and no I am not close to the project. While this project has had its delays, permitting has been approved and I guess its just a feeling that I get on certain things - I just strongly feel that there is nothing to worry about with this project. Of course I could be wrong, but it seems that most insiders on the board are also confident this will be built, so that just adds to my confidence.