The Vue

cooperdawg

Just to clarify MCL is the company that partnered with Churchill. They did this by buying out Churchill's financial backers, Westminister. As of a month ago MCL terminated Churchill becoming the sole entity.

This is true--except that once MCL purchased the project--they truly were the sole owners from that day forward. MCL in turn hired Churchill's marketing company and gave them the listing agreement to sell the units, therefore keeping the same sales team in place. So, yes they partnered up--but ONLY to market and sell. Churchill and Westminster (the financial backers) were paid out and no longer had any stake in the company. Once MCL's construction loan finally closed they terminated the listing agreement with Churchill (mainly to get rid of the old developer) and brought on a new brokerage company. They tried to keep most of the sales team by having the new brokerage company make them offers. Didn't work--the sales team turned them down.

Here's a link from the Center City Partners site: The Vue Ready for Construction in October

From the site: "The VUE site is currently being cleared and construction is slated to begin in October. Upon completion, it will be a 51-story, 403-unit luxury condominium tower bringing more than 700 new residents to uptown." I guess this is news to some of us...

:yahoo: I was on their site and did not see this. I did not go to news section.

Me too. Now that there is photo proof of both ground breaking and site working being done, I think we can all breathe in relief that things are on their way, and shouldn't be long before this block is looking like many of the others around here in uptown!!!! Wooooohoooo! Did I mention this is one of my most anticipated construction projects in uptown aside from 210 Trade and Wachovia. Can't wait to see 51-stories in this area.

Hello everyone! We shouldn't have to cross our fingers much longer on this one! The photo of the surveyors Riverwood took at the site is just a sign of thing to come for sure. I was one of the suveryors at the site... :)

I spoke with on of the head contractors today and he said things will be moving forward from here on out. Look for site work and the lot to be cleared within the next couple of weeks. Trees and all!!! With a lot more activity in the next few weeks to come!! So get your cameras ready!!! :camera:

Hello everyone! We shouldn't have to cross our fingers much longer on this one! The photo of the surveyors Riverwood took at the site is just a sign of thing to come for sure. I was one of the suveryors at the site... :)

I spoke with on of the head contractors today and he said things will be moving forward from here on out. Look for site work and the lot to be cleared within the next couple of weeks. Trees and all!!! With a lot more activity in the next few weeks to come!! So get your cameras ready!!! :camera:

WAHOOO!!! Thank you for that info Falcon and welcome to the forums. It's always good to see someone that works on a project to get more concrete info.

Sounds good man, and welcome! Are you going to be working on the Vue throughout its duration of construction?

Good to see that the Vue project is finally moving along. poor trees...I guess we'll now have less air to breathe uptown :mellow: Hopefully there will be more than one backhoe, unlike the former Renaisance lot.

I just drove by and they have put up new signs on the fences. These cover 100% of the fence, so no more chain link is in sight all the way around the property.

Well the demolition sure went quick. Let's hope the remainder of the project keeps this momentum and doesn't resort to the turtle speeds that took place getting to this point...

Maybe they saw the breakneck speed of Novare's Catalyst/Twelve project and decided it was finally time to get moving!