The Vue

cooperdawg

it took almost two years just to build a less detailed 36 story version here. Be prepared for the long haul.

I'm starting to think that may be part of the reason they've apparently decided to proceed with the tower, in a housing environment that has a lot of spooky stories nationwide about buyers dropping their contracts. It may take all the way to 2009 or 2010 before it's ready for occupancy. Maybe VUE thinks the whole bru-hah will have blown over by then.

Edited by MZT

The general contractor for the Vue Charlotte will be R.J.Griffin istead of Turner, if I/m not mistaken Turner lost their contract in all of the hustle and bustle with the changing of hand, and department turnover here at Charlottes Vue.

So Yes R.J.Griffin, I also actually saw a banner on the fence at their site when I was working there a couple of weeks ago.

The general contractor for the Vue Charlotte will be R.J.Griffin istead of Turner, if I/m not mistaken Turner lost their contract in all of the hustle and bustle with the changing of hand, and department turnover here at Charlottes Vue.

So Yes R.J.Griffin, I also actually saw a banner on the fence at their site when I was working there a couple of weeks ago.

You're right, I did see that banner also. It wouldn't be the worst to see the tower take long, at a slow steady pace, I would more so hate to see a situation with The Tower, where some of it gets built, then just sits for months not know what's going to happen. If there is steady construction for 2-3 yrs, though, I look forward to those years seeing this enormous tower grow...

Would it not be a losing situation with money though? The longer the tower is not completed, the less time there could be leases or sales taking place. Even if the place is not sold out, at least they can be collecting money from those that do choose to live there as opposed to no money from a construction site.

I don't know about everyone else here but I'm happy that its R.J.Griffin. They have a real good track record in uptown Charlotte. They are just wraping up construction with the Avenue. Also are the GC for the Cataylst, and Two Ten Trade. Also for the upcoming projects Twelve Charlotte, Novare's office tower, Vue Charlotte, and who know's what else they have in work. Really the only other General Contractor that compares to R.J. in Charlotte is Batson-Cook. Who are also really good with what they do as well. My company is working for R.J. Griffin on this project, and they are gonna waist no time if they came help it. (Short of bad weather things of that nature.) So 2 to 3 years is a very excellent time frame for the Vue here in Charlotte.

I don't know about everyone else here but I'm happy that its R.J.Griffin. They have a real good track record in uptown Charlotte. They are just wraping up construction with the Avenue. Also are the GC for the Cataylst, and Two Ten Trade. Also for the upcoming projects Twelve Charlotte, Novare's office tower, Vue Charlotte, and who know's what else they have in work. Really the only other General Contractor that compares to R.J. in Charlotte is Batson-Cook. Who are also really good with what they do as well. My company is working for R.J. Griffin on this project, and they are gonna waist no time if they came help it. (Short of bad weather things of that nature.) So 2 to 3 years is a very excellent time frame for the Vue here in Charlotte.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty positive that Bovis Lend Lease, not RJ Griffin will be doing the GC'ing for Novare's upcoming projects in Charlotte.

I am pretty sure that Bovis is just the Investment party or a private firm for the Vue Not the Contractor. My crew has been working with RJ griffin on the site, I work for the surveying company thats going to be doing eval's on the site with RJ and crew thru the duration of the project. Plus RJ. Griffin's signs is there on the corner of 5th and Pine by there main sign for anyone who doubt's. :)

The site is completely cleared. Am I correct in assuming there shouldn't be much digging for this project? And its ready to go vertical?

10-10-07

87047314.jpg

I wouldn't think so, because the parking garage is going to be above ground. If we can even see like 70-80% of the speed we are seeing with Novare's project (Catalyst, etc), we should see some upward motion soon.

I recently heard December will be month this goes vertical, with between now and then dedicated to site-prep (I assumed this meant foundation work as well, but I'm not sure)

Anyway, they have their foundation permit already, and have been approved for their structural permit (the skeleton of the tower), and recently applied for their shell/core permit (facade and life-systems), so its definetely moving forward, and hopefully by the end of the year we will see real progress that will end all doubt.

The site is completely cleared. Am I correct in assuming there shouldn't be much digging for this project? And its ready to go vertical?
I'm sure they'll spend a fair amount of time driving piles or whatever other foundation type work is required for this structure. I'm not from Charlotte, so I'm not sure what all methods are utilized down there, but I know out here in Virginia it usually takes a few months from the end of clearing the lot till the building is ready to start going upwards.

I am pretty sure that Bovis is just the Investment party or a private firm for the Vue Not the Contractor. My crew has been working with RJ griffin on the site, I work for the surveying company thats going to be doing eval's on the site with RJ and crew thru the duration of the project. Plus RJ. Griffin's signs is there on the corner of 5th and Pine by there main sign for anyone who doubt's. :)

I was saying RJ isn't the GC for Catalyst, not VUE. It seems they definitely are for the VUE. I'm not sure Bovis has anything to do at all with the VUE

It really depends on the soil/rock. Trademark and Catalyst, really didn't need much more than several cast piles, while Avenue and Cityview (or whatever Spectrum's J&W dorm building is called) had to drive a significant number of steel piles to compensate for the poor soil.

Since The Vue is in close proximity to both of the more extensive foundation projects, it could indicate that it will need significant work to firm up the ground, but the geology is very varied, and they could be sitting right on top of a large granite bulge (which would be ideal, and require minimal foundation support).

Quote QCKid

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty positive that Bovis Lend Lease, not RJ Griffin will be doing the GC'ing for Novare's upcoming projects in Charlotte.

I spoke with a rep from RJ Griffin at Two Ten Trade a month or so ago and he told me they were working on the Third Ward site.. When I was woking at the TTT site. Maybe we are both right?? I wonder if its is maybe a joint venture with Bovis and RJ on this project... I don't know though maybe I was misinformed. I know Bovis is there though. From what it says on Emporis.com. :dontknow::dontknow: