The Vue

cooperdawg

I happened to drive by this site last night on the way home and man is it bustling with activity now. It would be great if one of our UP photographers could snap a few pics :silly:

Wish I could. The reason I have been so slack is because my camera got fried. Gotta buy a new one.

I'll try to start a web page with updated photos. It is a good angle.

Those guys are serious. They're usually already at work by 7:00 AM and work till around 8:00 PM.

~Windsurfer

That would be great!

You know, several months ago, I thought that 210 Trade and the Vue would both be built, but that 210 Trade would be finished first. Even if 210 Trade still is completed first, it looks like it will be a closer race.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, the virtual tours on The Vue's website look Amazing!!! Check it out http://vuecharlotte.com/vue_content.html I'm pretty sure it's brand new on their website.

It's on the right side toolbar, just click 'Virtual Tour' :)

Fantastic find! I love the flybys and oh how much I would kill for that view when I woke up in the morning! Anyways by the flybys it looks like the vue will be only a little shorter than hearst.

Wow, that is pretty jawdropping. You can seriously see the dramatic nature of these condos and how the tower fits in with the skyline. They made such a brilliant move taking the risk to locate it outside of the Church-Tryon-College corridor. Very impressive!

I had really forgotten about a lot of the content of the project in all the thoughts about this project that deals with it as an entity. Now that it is coming out of the ground, and they are updating with this type of realistic imagery, it really makes a statement.

My goodness, that's VERY impressive. No condo high rise in Charlotte has had the kind of "wow-ness" factor that this one does IMO. I only wish I could afford one! It will definitely be a recognizable icon in the skyline when it's complete, much like the flyover has shown.

I walked by the Vue this evening around 7pm to find several pieces of equipment still working and close to 10 construction workers on site. Many of the caissons have the rebar cages set and the concrete poured, but still no movement above the bottom of the hole yet ...

Edited by Appetite for Construction