The Vue

cooperdawg

I was by the Vue yesterday and there were 4 concrete trucks waiting to go into the site. Looks like they are still working on the foundation.

From my perspective at The Trademark, it looks like they've dug and set over 20 pilings. Judging by how many they've installed, it appears they're about 1/4 of the way through this process. I don't know if it'll move faster now, or if they have a higher concentration beneath the actual condo tower, but they sure are putting a lot in. Some appear to be as close as 10 feet apart on the center. I'd snap another photos but you really can't see much change from the last ones dbull uploaded for me.

OK this isn't directly related to the Vue, but it is the Vue's new neighbor and really doesn't warrant a thread over it. Anyway- that little firehouse next door to the view, it's Firehouse #4 which is actually a museum right now, is seeking a title of being a Historical Landmark through Char-Meck Historical Landmark Commissions. BofA owns the site right now, but have been in support with going for the landmark recognition. Quick background- it was built in 1925 and was shut down in the 70's, which it has since been converted into a firefighter museum and an art gallery. The building is appraised just under $110,000 and the half acre it sits on is appraised at just over $1 million. This could only benefit those buying into the Vue as having a historical ammenity saved at their footsteps.

Looks like they are working on the caissons. I hope to God Richmond will one day have towers as such.

What is the official height of this beauty?

Anyone want to open a thread in skyscraperpage as under construction?

Edited by Shakman

Looks like they are working on the caissons. I hope to God Richmond will one day have towers as such.

What is the official height of this beauty?

From what I see, the official height will be 677 feet. I think that puts it in the top 5 tallest in Charlotte. Yea, I think everyone here is pretty excited about it :)

From what I see, the official height will be 677 feet. I think that puts it in the top 5 tallest in Charlotte. Yea, I think everyone here is pretty excited about it :)

If everything goes right it will be

1. Bank Of America Corp 871 ft. 60 stories

2. Wachovia Corporate Center 764 ft. 49 stories

3. Vue Charlotte 677 feet. 51 stories

4. Hearst Tower 659 feet 47 stories

5. 210 Trade 601 feet 53 stories

6. (The building formerly known as) One Wachovia Center 588 42 stories

7. Bank of America Plaza 503 feet 40 stories.

Edited by 83alphaunder

was that height before or after the removal of the spires? if that is after the spires, that will be one tall builing with an avg floor heigh above 13ft/fl

was that height before or after the removal of the spires? if that is after the spires, that will be one tall builing with an avg floor heigh above 13ft/fl

The average floor height for residential and hotels has been historically less than 13ft. Especially if this structure is post-tension.

The avg in the building will be a little less than 10' ceilings, and will top off around 550 ft.

But wouldn't the floor to deck height still be around 12'? & with a first floor usually being a little more than that, aren't we still looking at some where in the low 600's. Or do you have drawings?

Based on common sense and the fact that the spires were removed, you could logically deduce that the total height of the building would be somewhere between 600' and 625', likely about 615'. An average of 10' per floor would not be practical.

10ft per floor is quite practical for residentail and hotels.

The ceiling height in the condos is about 9'2'' and then 10-12'' of concrete slab per floor or something around there and you get 10 ft per floor. 51 stories and there isn't that much above the highest condos. They are having to drive the caissons from 50-80ft deep into the bedrock so if you add those two together then you would come close to mid 600's, but the actual building is about 550 ft. in the air.

The ceiling height in the condos is about 9'2'' and then 10-12'' of concrete slab per floor or something around there and you get 10 ft per floor. 51 stories and there isn't that much above the highest condos. They are having to drive the caissons from 50-80ft deep into the bedrock so if you add those two together then you would come close to mid 600's, but the actual building is about 550 ft. in the air.

I'm not knowledgeable enough with architecture to dispute how you come up with the actual height of the building. But, that's kind of misleading in terms of saying it's a ~625 ft building when in fact it's really ~550 ft. Never the less, the Vue will still have a solid presense in the skyline.

Im was just trying to point out how high it will be from the ground level. When it says height of the building that very well could be from the deepest point in the ground to the very top as even though its below ground its still apart of the building. Most people think of a building as just from ground up, but have to remember the building itself goes well underground and that is counted in the total height.

I'm not knowledgeable enough with architecture to dispute how you come up with the actual height of the building. But, that's kind of misleading in terms of saying it's a ~625 ft building when in fact it's really ~550 ft. Never the less, the Vue will still have a solid presense in the skyline.

Historically, condo buildings are approximately 11.8' per floor (avg). Not many high rise condos, are at the 10' range. I'm sure there are drawings out there with a final height on them. Also the height of a building is rarely if ever measured from the lowest level underground, it's from street level.

Just for example in our fine city; Avenue = 11.8 Trademark = 11.6 Arlington = 14.09 Courtside = 11.0.

Keep in mind i'm talking about the average floor height once the building is complete. It would be extremely hard to make this building be below 600'.

Edited by schmopperX

Historically, condo buildings are approximately 11.8' per floor (avg). Not many high rise condos, are at the 10' range. I'm sure there are drawings out there with a final height on them. Also the height of a building is rarely if ever measured from the lowest level underground, it's from street level.

Just applying from experience in the construction industry. The construction plans should be public knowledge. Anyone down there in Charlotte want to take a field trip to City Hall or where ever the permit services is located? If I lived in Charlotte, I would.