The Vue

cooperdawg

The Vue's website has recently modified their floor plan page. It now lets you see each floor plan floor by floor in much greater detail than before. Rather than the chunks of floors like 11-39. It also gives a nice breakdown of the first floor with the retail spaces and lobby. AND it also gives beginning prices for the floorplans.

What I am happy about is that it is under construction. It will make a great addition to to the west side of uptown.

I know the people who have a condo in this tower is glade to see it under construction.

These snaps taken from the aerial flyover give a whole new perspective of The Vue.

Vue6.jpg

Vue4.jpg

Vue8.jpg

Vue1.jpg

The Vue will be lonely. It needs some friends out there.

Personally I think the visual separation is a welcome change to the

once "ultra-dense" skyline we had prior to Park/Novare/Nascar.

I can envision a sprawling skyline by year 2025, where South Park,

Dilworth, and Uptown are kind of like Downtown, Midtown, Buckhead,

and The Perimeter are to ATL........only CLT will be MUCH more appealing

to the eye ;-)

Personally I think the visual separation is a welcome change to the once "ultra-dense" skyline we had prior to Park/Novare/Nascar.
I agree that separation is a good thing and will add to the skyline. Aside from the visual seperation, the Vue will have one of the best skyline views IMO since it is away from Tryon by a few blocks. I am really looking forward to seeing skyline pics taken from the upper floors.

The Vue will be 53 stories, floors 52 and 53 will be the roof with cooling towers.

. The crane will be going up Monday June 2.

Well, the crane for the Vue is finally going up! They built the smaller crane last night and are now putting the pieces together for the tower crane. Its amazing that this is finally going to become a reality, lets just hope it doesn't hit snags like the Park and 210 have.

Just a note.....when viewed from the East (really southeast) along the 5th St. corridor, Hearst, 201 N Tryon, and Avenue are all centered with one another, and set back from 5th.....The Vue, however, will go straight up from the sidewalk along 5th, and will be clearly visible (at least half of it anyway) when viewed looking down the 5th St. corridor and in popular photo shots like from Presby.

Well, the crane for the Vue is finally going up! They built the smaller crane last night and are now putting the pieces together for the tower crane. Its amazing that this is finally going to become a reality, lets just hope it doesn't hit snags like the Park and 210 have.

Would be great to see a pic of this crane once it's up or as it's being assembled.

Assembly of a tower crane takes time. The jobsite I have been on, it can take two days to put one together and up to two days to take one apart. Most of the time before a tower crane can be assembled, the crane that puts it together needs to be assembled.

The crane does not seem as far west as I had thought when viewed from Brookshire. In fact it seems like it falls right in a domino line with Trademark & Carillion

I can see the crane south of NODA from under the Matheson Street bridge, and from that vintage point the Vue looks very lonely. However I think it will add a wonderful addition to the skyline from that angle it makes the skyline look wider when viewing from the northeast.

^ I think the Vue will ruin the DC look...not that I have a problem with that or anything. Maybe we can equate the Vue to the Washington Monument! :)

The Vue is taller. Besides, the Washington Monument sits by itself.

I was thinking more in line with Uptown Dallas as a comparison.

It does look rather DC-ish, without the traffic circles with parks in the middle. Some DC-style traffic circles would be a nice addition to that area.

Any circle but Dupont. Dupont Circle is a nightmare for pedestrians. Easy to drive only if one continues below grade on Connecticut Ave and if one continues through on Mass. Ave.

Are there any other crane bases installed? Just from the size of the site and the placement of the first tower crane, there may be a second tower crane.