The Vue

cooperdawg

Any circle but Dupont. Dupont Circle is a nightmare for pedestrians. Easy to drive only if one continues below grade on Connecticut Ave and if one continues through on Mass. Ave.

Are there any other crane bases installed? Just from the size of the site and the placement of the first tower crane, there may be a second tower crane.

The Vue Charlotte Website calls this one the "first tower crane" so while I don't have a solid source, I would say that statement implies that there will be more than one tower crane.

Any circle but Dupont. Dupont Circle is a nightmare for pedestrians. Easy to drive only if one continues below grade on Connecticut Ave and if one continues through on Mass. Ave.

Are there any other crane bases installed? Just from the size of the site and the placement of the first tower crane, there may be a second tower crane.

Just went by and there is only one crane base as of right now. With a building this magnitude and the addition of the the parking garage, I'm expecting to see one more crane, but then again, what do I know...

Usually buildings this tall require 2 cranes.

It seems like it, but it is not necessarily true. I have seen skyscrapers in Montreal, Denver and Chicago use just one tower crane.

There are a number of factors that determine the number of tower cranes on a jobsite. One of the obvious reasons is coverage. The job site of the Vue seems to encompass an entire city block. The tower itself does not look to be a city block, so when the tower starts to rise out of the ground, there may only be one tower crane. I guess we will find out.

If the developer and contractor can safe money by using one crane, then they would. Tower crane rentals can be quite pricey.

Actually 210 Trade only has 1 tower crane, do to site restrictions.

Hence the words "every other". I'd expect the Vue to use one crane since Trump will more than likely be using two and I see that being the next building around the 50 story mark.

Ok, I'll stop my humorless commenting. :lol:

^True, but this is Charlotte, and every other building that will be that tall has two :)

Didn't the Avenue have one?

Don't get me wrong... I love tower cranes. The more the better. Tower cranes are a tourist attraction for me. :camera:

When I am working on a construction site without at least a tower crane, my morale working on that jobsite is gone.

Edited by Shakman

Good news! :)

This is one I definitely can't wait to see topped off. It will instantly redefine the Charlotte skyline all by itself.

Not a very deep hole. Will there be above grade parking as part of the tower or a seperate structure?

Edited by Shakman

Too bad I didn't snap this shot about 10 second sooner or I could have had some blackmail evidence to get a walk-through of the site. The crane driver had just slammed the concrete hoist into one of the verticle forms extremely hard. :o

post-1289-1213928032_thumb.jpg

We are above street level on Pine St.^

The rest of the condo building is getting close to being flush.v

post-1289-1213928060_thumb.jpg

They are still putting in caissons for the parking deck.

• 2 weeks later...

The building looks as out of place as Taipei 101.

I agree. One thing that would help that would be a companion building of shorter height. Heck it would be cool if that area could have cluster of buildings to help draw the eye away from the dominate Vue.