The Vue

cooperdawg

Not to be a pessimist, but this is the same contract model that The Park used I believe, and they had a tough time converting reservations into contracts.

We'll see, and this city continues to surprise me with it's hidden money.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another thing to think about is that that money is at risk if they go banrkupt. You might never get it back. That's a lot of cash to give over to an uncertain enterprise.

True, but legally this money has to be held in escrow......not that this money doesn't sometimes disappear, but I think the perception of risk is more of a factor than the actual risk......for me, it's "I sure could make a lot of money with $40k in 3 years, rather than letting it sit around collecting dust".

atlrvr- The information I got from the Vue was that 5% was due to reserve a unit and then an additional 5% is due when they break ground(around 10 months later) if your unit is under 400k.

How does this info effect your opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

10% down is way too high. It would definitely discourage me from buying. I've not heard more than 5% down required for any new condo in this area.

True, but legally this money has to be held in escrow......not that this money doesn't sometimes disappear, but I think the perception of risk is more of a factor than the actual risk......for me, it's "I sure could make a lot of money with $40k in 3 years, rather than letting it sit around collecting dust".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That too. Or I could buy another boat with it.

:rolleyes:

After my meeting with the planning commission I'm a lot more optimistic about this project than I was before. I'm not as worried about the 10% down as some folks. It's 5% originally and then another 5% when they break ground. Once a project like this breaks ground, people tend to be a little more open to having money tied up with it.

My friends at the city say that of all the condo projects this one is by far the "best product," to use their words.

No real reason, other than the fact that usually when a project is overreaching, or if it just doesn't have the backing/planning to execute it, they usually aren't shy about telling me. They all seem very excited about this project and think it has a great chance. Whether that actually translates into anything concrete or not I have no idea.

When it was proposed I figured that it might be the developer just testing what the market would bear, but it seems that they are very serious about building this.

On a sadder note, I was walking by the sales center location of the Park Condos yesterday, and a little piece of paper was pasted to the window of the office. It said, "We have met our presales goal and are now meeting with prospective buyers by appointment only." It gave a phone number...

The sales center for The Vue is about 99% complete....I stepped inside today and they said they hoped to be open by the end of the week.....apparantly they are going to try to beat The Avenue to the punch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is GREAT news. Thanks atlrvr. :thumbsup:

A2

(In all honesty, this is the one that I want more than any of the ones going up so far. It looks very similar to the John Hancock tower in Chicago with those antenna at the top)

LOVE IT :wub:

Edited by A219724

Indeed. I think this building is going to be the best investment property in DT Charlotte of all of the ones announced so far. Especially anything from say about 25 stories and up. Its nice looking, its in the high rent prestigious part of DT, not near a freeway and train horns, and is a very easy walk of everything important. I predict this will become the most important property in DT Charlotte.

I just received a call from a lady with The Vue sales. She said the sales center will open in September and that they're making appointments for tours and whatnot. I declined because I'm really not interested (happy at Latta Pavillion), but I thought I'd pass along that the calls have begun.

I just received a call from a lady with The Vue sales.  She said the sales center will open in September and that they're making appointments for tours and whatnot.  I declined because I'm really not interested (happy at Latta Pavillion), but I thought I'd pass along that the calls have begun.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I just got the same call. I put my name on a mailing list just for the heckuvit. They said sales office open on Sept. 1.