The Vue

cooperdawg

What it was supposed to look like with spires. (photo taken by Neo almost 3 years ago) The Charlotte Business Journal also wrote an article around that time and suggested the building would actually be 8 stories taller so presumably with the spires it would be the tallest thing in Charlotte.

30usgh5.jpg

Did anybody see the shot of the Vue Construction site during the ECU/VT game? ESPN showed it when they came back from a commercial break. They showed the workers working and said that Charlotte was a city under construction. Also, they are using the skyline shot that FOX always uses from the top of the stadium during Panther games. The addition of the new Wachovia tower makes the city look amazing from that angle.

Charlotte needs a few spires, it adds variety. The Interstate Bldg is the only one i can think of with a spire.

Trademark, and Courtside. Carilon has two, as does 200 S Tryon. I'm not sure if you want to count it as spires, but Catalyst has 4.

Edited by Guest

Did anybody see the shot of the Vue Construction site during the ECU/VT game? ESPN showed it when they came back from a commercial break. They showed the workers working and said that Charlotte was a city under construction. Also, they are using the skyline shot that FOX always uses from the top of the stadium during Panther games. The addition of the new Wachovia tower makes the city look amazing from that angle.

I saw that. Also during the Panthers pre-season game Thursday the announcers referred to Charlotte as the 'city of cranes' and in both games I didn't hear NC after Charlotte.

So I was across the street from the Vue at CityView and i heard people talkin there about how the construction workers from the Vue are now at window level with some of the Cityview units and catcall at girls on the balconies and through open windows.

I was actually pretty impressed how quickly they're moving with construction though.

...window level with some of the Cityview units...

Along that same topic, I dont thing anyone has mentioned but the city view towers (and camden behind looking east) top floor residents', and obviously everyone below, will have a drastic change in "city view" or city "vue" and I havent heard anyone complain/moan about this eminent destruction of their view.

(comparable to the article in the observer about the folks at Arlington perhaps? Although one major difference is Cityview and Camden are aparments not condos... correct?)

Along that same topic, I dont thing anyone has mentioned but the city view towers (and camden behind looking east) top floor residents', and obviously everyone below, will have a drastic change in "city view" or city "vue" and I havent heard anyone complain/moan about this eminent destruction of their view.

(comparable to the article in the observer about the folks at Arlington perhaps? Although one major difference is Cityview and Camden are aparments not condos... correct?)

City View is apartments for J&W Students, I don't think they can complain...

• 2 weeks later...

I think you knew it was only a matter of time till someone photoshopped something into one of your images. Had some fun with the ground level home plate shot.

vue_stadium.jpg

Like to point out I love how this stadium would turn out if it was positioned this way, especially night games. Would look fantastic and I can see why that one guy would want a Major League team here the stadium and placement alone would draw people in but like we've all said before not just yet lets build it and get our Knights a great place to play.

Edited by DjStedali