The Vue

cooperdawg

I don't think they have it in the same sense as you described. They have enacted form based zoning :) which details the height (and general form) allowed for every parcel, and major proposals have to go through a design review process that includes community input, regardless of whether they have the by-right zoning.

Does NYC still have the zoning language that led to a lot of the wedding cake style buildings with multiple setbacks in the early 20th century? Even back then planners realized the need to allow natural light to make it to street level. I'm assuming not since there are a lot of modern buildings there that rise straight up from the street.

NYC does not have the "wedding cake" zoning requirements. Many of the new structures recently completed and under-construction do not have the wedding cake style.

Trying to upload a couple of pics from this morning. I'm afraid I've duplicated the pics. I can't quite figure out how to delete the redundant ones. Please forgive me if these show up a couple of times. And, moderator, my apologies. Feel free to delete my duplicate posts if they should show up.

Two of the photos are of The Vue and the third of JC Smith and towards Little Mountain.

post-18011-1225977433_thumb.jpg

post-18011-1225977443_thumb.jpg

post-18011-1225977454_thumb.jpg

Trying to upload a couple of pics from this morning. I'm afraid I've duplicated the pics. I can't quite figure out how to delete the redundant ones. Please forgive me if these show up a couple of times. And, moderator, my apologies. Feel free to delete my duplicate posts if they should show up.

Two of the photos are of The Vue and the third of JC Smith and towards Little Mountain.

Beautiful and Fantastic photos, love to see the charlotte fall colors from high up!! The Vue Really is growing like a weed! If the dates on the pictures are correct 2 floors in 8 days! Looks like they are going for breakneck speed.

Edited by Guest

Beautiful and Fantastic photos, love to see the charlotte fall colors from high up!! The Vue Really is growing like a weed! If the dates on the pictures are correct 2 floors in 8 days! Looks like they are going for breakneck speed.

Thanks. Yes, it does look like they're knocking out a floor every four days. I could swear they work on it till 1:00 AM sometimes.

Thanks. Yes, it does look like they're knocking out a floor every four days. I could swear they work on it till 1:00 AM sometimes.

Windsurfer- you have a great view. What floor are you on Trademark? That view will be quite dramatic with the Vue.

As far as The Vue itself, they look to be making great weekly progress. As long as there is no hiccups, looks like they'll be able to come close to their deadline in 2010.

Windsurfer- you have a great view. What floor are you on Trademark? That view will be quite dramatic with the Vue.

As far as The Vue itself, they look to be making great weekly progress. As long as there is no hiccups, looks like they'll be able to come close to their deadline in 2010.

Thanks. Yes, it is. 25th. Right above the Panther who plays the piano...

The whole area seems to be changingw ith its construction. The parking lot between us and The Vue is pretty ugly. Don't know why the church won't work out a deal with someone like the church on North Tryon did, i e, sell land but have a guaranteed parking level. That's a mighty big area to go to waste.

Disclaimer: All this assumes parking at $5/day and that the Peace Building and spa don't have long-term lower cost leases on a certain number of spaces.

Congratulations on a quote of yours (from Urbanplanet) that appeared in the most recent brochure from The Vue.... something about "even the ankles are worth photographing..." I've lost my brochure or else I'd upload a picture of it. The attributed the quote to you.

The people at The Vue told me a couple of years ago that they had approached the church, but that they weren't willing to negotiate at all.

They are laying the forms for the ceiling of 11/floor of 12.

It looks great as traveling North up Pine.

I wonder if it will come to a point before the glass skin being applied where it will look absolutely monstrous (both in size and impressions) in 4th ward from the street level. Even if it does, I think the glass will go a long way to making it look somewhat less imposing to the 4th ward streetscape.

They also now appear to be starting a floor above when the one below is not quite finished. They are now starting the ceiling of 12, which will be the floor of the 13th floor, which they will call the 14th floor because Americans still believe that the universe of luck read's elevator labels.

Does anyone know how tall that extension toward the north will go? Does that stop at the amenities deck. I guess I'll watch the 3d movie to go see, but I didn't see it in any rendering.

EDIT: It does become part of the deck ending at the amenities deck.

There's definitely a blue tint to the glass but I'm not sure it matches the renderings. It seems to be a darker blue than that of the Avenue but it could have a protective film on the glass keeping us from seeing it's true color.

Leaving the HT earlier this week, I stopped and can actually confirm the blue tint as being a protective coating on the glass. I could verify some of the coating peeling off so I do not believe it is permanent by any means. :)

Is it possible that the film has since been removed from what you saw QC-NC

Yea it does appear to be clear with no film. So I stand corrected: im not certain that the film is not a permanent appearance but I know that I definitely saw a corner peeling off in a FEW of the windows (3 or 4).

But as one person noted, a few renderings of the vue do show what appears to be blue tinted glass scattared throughout the facade...

Night2.jpg

BTW...The windows I saw "peeling" were on the 2nd floor of the Vue (side closest to HT main entrance).....Seen @ the bottom right of Initial D's 1st picture:

3035694403_dc9d55cd1a_o.jpg

Edited by QC-NC