The Vue

cooperdawg

how many people here are considering purchasing a unit there? i can tell you that if i didn't have two small children and wasn't forced to do the "suburban" thing, I would be the first person to purchase a unit at the Vue!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The prices may be prohibitive. Since it appears we all have been putting this project in the upper tier I'm curious to see if the pricing will follow suit relative to market pricing.

The prices may be prohibitive.  Since it appears we all have been putting this project in the upper tier I'm curious to see if the pricing will follow suit relative to market pricing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am with you on that one SC. I think this one is for the Elite of the Elite. I really, really, REALLY wish I could have a unit in the VUE. Out of all the projects sprouting out of the ground, The Vue is my Fav. :)

(BTW, I think the penthouse units will range from 3.7-5,000,000 from what I have heard. :w00t: )

A2

i know someone who paid 400k+ for a place at trademark, and he is not what you'd typically think of as a person spending that much money on a place to live... but he had the money because his place that he kept up in the DC area had continued to appreciate since he left and decided to finally sell it.

I wonder with all our transplants from bigger cities whether that gives people a lot more purchasing power than what you'd typically expect from a person that would, say, be selling their place in south charlotte to move downtown.

although it makes us indirectly vulnerable to any real estate bubbles in other cities, it actually allows people who are worried about a bubble to trade their rundown old home in a hot market, for a solid investment that is more valuable fundamentally (view+security+location+solid construction).

that is to say, i don't think half million dollars is necessarily as elite as it once was... the penthouse is a whole other story.

i know someone who paid 400k+ for a place at trademark, and he is what not you'd typically think of as a person spending that much money on a place to live... but he had the money because his place that he kept up in the DC area had continued to appreciate since he left and decided to finally sell it.
Edited by SmellyCat

I wonder with all our transplants from bigger cities whether that gives people a lot more purchasing power than what you'd typically expect from a person that would, say, be selling their place in south charlotte to move downtown. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that is VERY true. I only paid $230K for my house, and it is freakin 3000+ sqft!!!! back home I would be lucky to get a 2 room condo for $230K!!!

plus the greatest part is, even though the houses and cost of living are both so cheap down here, the salaries are the same as up north. well, for us nerds at least, err um programmers.

According to a good friend of mine, surveying took place at the Vue's site this last weekend. All things are officially a go on this project. Expect construction to begin 1st Q of 06', even the CBJ mentioned that The Vue is on schedule. (just an update) YEAH BABY !!!

:D

A2

Edited by A219724

Here is an email that someone kindly forwarded to me regarding The Vue and Avenue.

Here's a little update on The Vue -

Sales Center will be located at 101 Tryon Suite #100 - ground floor with renderings in windows

Collateral materials including prices and floorplans should be available 8/22

Sales Center will open on 9/12 - they will go directly to contract and start accepting contracts on 9/12

Hoping that Elaine will be able to attend our sales meeting on 8/31 and give us a leg up on the competition.

There's not much of an update on Avenue - I received a letter this week from Wendy Field saying that they were not sure at this point how the sales process will work.  They will go directly to contract - no reservations.  The letter suggested that all interested agents and their clients register on their website in order to have the most current information.  Their Sales Center is on target to open in early September and the letter stated the sales process would be announced shortly beforehand.

Does anyone have any more info on the facade of the deck at the base of the vue?

It seems like if the vue is just going to have a blank or dull parking deck facade that they could easily incorporate the facade from this building:

18221130-M.jpg

does anyone know how much it costs to save an old building facade?

That building will be gone....I don't want it save unless that can align it nearly flush with the fire museum....the sidewalk is way to narrow through there.

For a cost comparison, the Carolina Theatre is costing $100k to dismantle and put in storage.

i agree with you that the building itself isn't much worth saving, but if the facade can be broken down and reassembled into the Vue with a setback flush with the firehouse, then i'd be for it.

$100k seems really steep to me, but if that is what it is costing at carolina theatre, that is probably the best estimate of what it would cost.

Mid 2008 I would assume, but I didn't ask. They (the ambiguous "they"), also promised some ammenities beyond what has been announced that will be unique to the market. The target client is older, in the 40+ range. The bulf of the units will average $400k-$700k in price, though will be quite large, so price per square foot will be competitive.

Mid 2008 I would assume, but I didn't ask.  They (the ambiguous "they"), also promised some ammenities beyond what has been announced that will be unique to the market.  The target client is older, in the 40+ range.  The bulf of the units will average $400k-$700k in price, though will be quite large, so price per square foot will be competitive.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I peeked through their display window and noticed some high end stuff that wouldn't normally be available at the other buildings, including one of those infinity tubs. Someone needs to do a condo building where they just provide the raw space and the owner designs and upfits a custom interior. That would be cool.

I was told this morning that The Vue had received financing and will built assuming the make the requisite presells.....I was also told that construction may start as soon as Feb. if they sell the units quickly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

S-W-E-E-E-E-T !!!

A2

B)

Popped by the Vue's not-yet-opened sales center last evening, and the lady there was nice enough to let me peek in for a minute. They had some pretty impressive model interiors of the kitchen and bathroom there, I must say. Very modern and sleek. Apparently it's the same unit design they used for their Orlando condo development.