The Vue

cooperdawg

Anyone know how many stories or how many more feet until The Vue is topped off?

It is topped out now. If I understand correctly, the "spires" around the top will have a "fence" or "wall" added in between them. It will go about 2/3 or so the way up the spires and will enclose and hide the rooftop HVAC type stuff.

Sorry if this question has already been answered. Will (has) the Vue reach 200 meters tall? I know it was going to with the help of the two spires, but will it do so without them (the spires)? The reason why I ask this, is because the Vue might be just as tall as the Hearst (201 meters). The Hearst appears to be a taller building than the Vue, however the Vue sits "down hill" from the Hearst. I wonder how much this "down hill" location takes away from the Vue's relative height in the skyline. I ride my bike quite often Uptown, and I would say there is a good 25 foot drop (maybe more) from Tryon to Pine. Has anyone else noticed this?

Edited by urban980

Sorry if this question has already been answered. Will (has) the Vue reach 200 meters tall? I know it was going to with the help of the two spires, but will it do so with out them (the spires)?

Looking at its height in relationship to Hearst Tower (201m) and the fact that I think its slightly taller than 1 wachovia, I will say, nope its probably around 185m.

Edited by Guest

Looking at its height in relationship to Hearst Tower (201m) and the fact that I think its slightly taller than 1 wachovia, I will say, nope its probably around 185m.
^^^Great minds think alike lol. Check my edit above. I was thinking about the Hearst too! The Hearst is "up hill" compared to the Vue. How much difference has that hill made? If the drop from Tryon to Pine is 32 feet, that equates to roughly 10 meters off the height of the Vue (when compared to buildings on Tryon Street). Edited by urban980

^^^Great minds think alike lol. Check my edit above. I was thinking about the Hearst too! The Hearst is "up hill" compared to the Vue. How much difference has that hill made? If the drop from Tryon to Pine is 32 feet, that equates to roughly 10 meters off the height of the Vue (when compared to buildings on Tryon Street).

http://www.wsoctv.com/wxcam/1920381/detail.html just check this out(in the morning) for height comparisons between hearst and vue. You are very correct about the uphill downhill thing but that only makes up for 8-10 meters, so I'm still going to go with 185-188 meters.

Edited by Guest

Per a Vue sales person back when this was introduced, the building was to be 664', with the spires acounting for 75' of that. So, minus spires, assuming all else has remained constant, I get a height of approx. 178 meters, or almost identical to 1 Wachovia.

^^^Great minds think alike lol. Check my edit above. I was thinking about the Hearst too! The Hearst is "up hill" compared to the Vue. How much difference has that hill made? If the drop from Tryon to Pine is 32 feet, that equates to roughly 10 meters off the height of the Vue (when compared to buildings on Tryon Street).
Hence the name "uptown". That tidbit gets tossed aside too often--like in Binyamin Appelbaum's slam on Charlotte in today's Washington Post.

Hence the name "uptown". That tidbit gets tossed aside too often--like in Binyamin Appelbaum's slam on Charlotte in today's Washington Post.

I really didn't see it as a slam. He was painting a picture of his view of our situation which was pretty close. At the end, he did mention that Charlotte will come back. So, it went both ways.

Looks like SkyscraperPage is back up. Under Charlotte's "All" section, they have the Vue listed as 175 metres. And Wachovia 1 listed as 179 metres.

Of course this is taken with a grain of salt, since none of us was able to find the Vue's official height online.

Edited by Charlotteman

This may have been already addressed here, but I'm wondering why most buyers at the Vue wouldn't just walk away from their deposits at the point when they are ready to close. Surely the value of their units from the time of contract would have declined by well more than the 5% or 10% they were required to put down, no?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

While I believe the property will be completed, I think we may have another Catalyst. This is not necessarily bad, changing from condo to rental, but it may be necessary during these times.

It has three times as many units under contract as Catalyst does so I'm not sure how you make that assessment...

I've heard that MCL has fired the realty company(forgot their name) that was selling the Vue and hired two of the former employees of Churchill Development's sales team. I haven't been able to confirm this but if true I think it would be a step in the right direction. MCL made a mistake by getting rid of Churchill's sales team to begin with and bringing a few of them back could only help.