Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunshine

Orlando, Florida (March 2005)

Here are some pics I took last week...the first fews are very huge...sorry

Downtown Skyline

orl015.jpg

orl013.jpg

orl005.jpg

orl003.jpg

Tour around downtown

Plaza construstion site with Suntrust as background

orl020.jpg

orl021.jpg

orl022.jpg

orl025.jpg

orl027.jpg

orl028.jpg

orl029.jpg

orl030.jpg

orl031.jpg

orl032.jpg

Library

orl033.jpg

orl034.jpg

orl035.jpg

orl036.jpg

orl038.jpg

orl040.jpg

orl041.jpg

orl042.jpg

orl043.jpg

orl044.jpg

orl045.jpg

great pics sunshine

I love how u mix nature with the urban environment. I also feel that's one of orlando's strongest points.

Awesome pics, nice comprehensive tour. You should post these over on SSP.

Lakelander, I'll try to snap a few of CNL while I'm down this week. I drove by today and it appears nicely on the skyline. Its topped out and the first 4 or 5 floors have their walls up at this point. Basically identical in materials to CNL I. I like it. Also, the Plaza is really going to look massive on that lot considering how narrow the streets are around it. I think its going to have a mammoth effect just for its size, even if the height isn't that great.

Also, over in my neck of the woods, the Wellesley condo project is two floors up and encompasses a whole city block.

What an aesthetic and photogenic downtown! If only there were more people fillling up the streets. But I'm sure it'll pick up when more residences come online.

Nice pics of Orlando. I drove through last year and was mightily unimpressed by what I saw. A few nice towers, but they were separated like islands. They were definitely begging for some more towers to fill in.

These pics make it look denser.

Very nice tour. I used to travel to Orlando quite often in the 1980s and from these photos the only thing I recognize now is the fountain in Lake Eola park. Things have changed a lot for the better.

BTW, what is the deal with the steam locomotive? Does it actually work?

Great pictures of Orlando! It really captures the look of Orlando. By the way, is everything almost back to normal after the hurricanes from last summer.

Florida is the shiznit, I can't wait to get back down there. Going down in summer, first time in 2 years that I've been down there. I miss it alot and am EXCITED. BTW, which is better, Islands of Adventure or Universal?

Pretty Good Skyline right now, just see it in a few years, it will have changed alot, w/ more density. Also, do the trees lose their leaves there, or was that from the hurricanes?

Great photo tour!

I visited Orlando a few years ago, I really liked the place. It looks like alot of work has gone on in the city since I was there.

Pretty Good Skyline right now, just see it in a few years, it will have changed alot, w/ more density. Also, do the trees lose their leaves there, or was that from the hurricanes?

Thats normal. Depends on the tree, but cyprus (like in the pictures) lose leaves in the fall and most of the rest lose them in early march right before they put out new ones. I'm guessing the pictures were taken early March.