Orlando, Florida (March 2005)

sunshine

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome pics, nice comprehensive tour. You should post these over on SSP.

Lakelander, I'll try to snap a few of CNL while I'm down this week. I drove by today and it appears nicely on the skyline. Its topped out and the first 4 or 5 floors have their walls up at this point. Basically identical in materials to CNL I. I like it. Also, the Plaza is really going to look massive on that lot considering how narrow the streets are around it. I think its going to have a mammoth effect just for its size, even if the height isn't that great.

Also, over in my neck of the woods, the Wellesley condo project is two floors up and encompasses a whole city block.

Nice pics of Orlando. I drove through last year and was mightily unimpressed by what I saw. A few nice towers, but they were separated like islands. They were definitely begging for some more towers to fill in.

These pics make it look denser.

Very nice tour. I used to travel to Orlando quite often in the 1980s and from these photos the only thing I recognize now is the fountain in Lake Eola park. Things have changed a lot for the better.

BTW, what is the deal with the steam locomotive? Does it actually work?

• 8 months later...

Pretty Good Skyline right now, just see it in a few years, it will have changed alot, w/ more density. Also, do the trees lose their leaves there, or was that from the hurricanes?

Thats normal. Depends on the tree, but cyprus (like in the pictures) lose leaves in the fall and most of the rest lose them in early march right before they put out new ones. I'm guessing the pictures were taken early March.

Archived