NASCAR Hall of Fame

cityboi

A new development in Atlanta. The bid for the NASCAR HOF has to be open to the public. Well, it might become open to the public. Here's the story:

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/business/0...4biznascar.html

Now, back to work. *sigh* Oh, yeah. Don't forget to use bugmenot.com if you don't want to register to read the article.

The Huntersville rag is reporting in a long article that Darrel Waltrup's brother Michael Waltrup has gotten zoning approvial to build a new multi-million dollar facility in Cornelius at the former Movies@The Lake site. This facility will give NASCAR fans a place to go to and and interact with the several racing teams that will be based there. If so this will be a unique experience for NASCAR and the Charlotte area will be the only place to go an see such a thing. One of the reasons he stated for building the center will be to increase the exposure for potential team sponsors.

The center will include an engine testing shop and will demonstrate technology to interested parties. It will be about 100,000 sq ft and will bring 130 high paying jobs to the area (average NASCAR salary ~ $70K).

It will be interesting to see how this may affect Charlotte's chances at the HOF.

The Huntersville rag is reporting in a long article that Darrel Waltrup's brother Michael Waltrup has gotten zoning approvial to build a new multi-million dollar facility in Cornelius at the former Movies@The Lake site.  This facility will give NASCAR fans a place to go to and and interact with the several racing teams that will be based there. If so this will be a unique experience for NASCAR and the Charlotte area will be the only place to go an see such a thing.  One of the reasons he stated for building the center will be to increase the exposure for potential team sponsors. 

The center will include an engine testing shop and will demonstrate technology to interested parties.  It will be about 100,000 sq ft and will bring 130 high paying jobs to the area (average NASCAR salary ~ $70K). 

It will be interesting to see how this may affect Charlotte's chances at the HOF.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most all the big name NASCAR shops that I have been to (Hendrick, DEI, etc) have all that stuff on their tours. This new Waltrip shop doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary to me as a race fan. I think they are just hyping it up to get attention. This will be a good plus for Huntersville.

I think Daytona's desgin shows you the caliber and quality of architect Charlotte hired.

Daytona (and Richmond, for that matter) wanted the building to look like a track....and their architect took that literally.

Charlotte's architect wanted it to look like a track and took it figuratively, and we ended up with a beautiful building.

Yep, Daytona loses.

I'm only worried about ATL and KC, we should be getting this thing. Most people, regardless of where they live, would probably agree.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've seen Charlotte's HOF design. Something is telling me that design wise you guys have nothing to worry about from any of the other cities. I found the Charlotte design very intriguing.

It's rather attractive in my opinion, though not as "cutting-edge" as the Charlotte proposal. It does remind me a lot of their aquarium which will be right next door.

Who was the architect??...it almost seems to be a Pei meets Gehry design.

Archived