NASCAR Hall of Fame

cityboi

The possibility that we might win or have already won the hq makes me very happy. Not only does it help justify the money we are spending, but it also helps to solidify the races and the whole industry as being centered here. Some may hate the image, but like it or not we already have the image. Now the city can own the image and make lots of money from it.

Channel 3 says it is definately coming to Charlotte after reviewing the press kit they got. They even pre-empted Montel Williams for it. :lol: Channel 9 didn't preempt Oprah though.

HQ is staying in Daytona

36 is Live also.

This was a must win for CLT, but $154 million was a lot higher than what they originally proposed.

Channel 18 did not interrupt their paternity tests on Maury, but they are running a congratulations promo for the HOF that says:

"Cheer up Atlanta, you still have your Fishbowl"

NASCAR will get city land on the Hall of Fame site off Brevard Street for $1 per year, plus $4 million in city money toward parking spaces for the 300,000 square foot office building, city and NASCAR officials told the Observer in an exclusive interview before this afternoon's announcement.

Is there a silver-lining that I'm overlooking? Why would the city forfeit so much money from the land and waste $4 million dollars for parking spaces along a transit corridor?

"Cheer up Atlanta, you still have your Fishbowl"

Quite funny - but after finally visiting last Friday (to the aquarium), I would have to say I'm happy we have it. Maybe not as fast - but it's fun watching the whale sharks circle their tank :) (though it would be nice to have a PBR though)

I'm asking b/c I have no idea - is NASCAR really that 'big' of a company? Are we seriously saying NASCAR is large enough to anchor their own 'tower'? My assumption was NASCAR was only a handful of people, less than 100 people. Anyone have stats on the number of employees they have?

This is from the nascar.com website, which outlines the deal in detail.

"NASCAR intends to move its Charlotte offices into the office building if/when it exercises its option on the office building. Other NASCAR partners may consider space in the office building."

So a 300,000 sq ft tower based on what the observer said, plus if some other teams/firms move in, it could be reasonably tall.

haha, what a goofy party.

It really was. France acted like "I don't wanna be here right now" or "Come on guys just hurry up". McCrory was more intresting than anybody. He looked more poised than Easley. Being Gov. might be in his future...

It doesn't look like the HQ is comming though only NASCAR's licensing office and sport's media operations, which would be good. 300,000 Square feet. Maybe 20 stories? The lot isn't too big, I don't think. How many do y'all think?

This is a great addition to an already solid plan. :yahoo:

0306-hall2.jpg

A small image of the proposed tower, I'm sure a better one will be out in a little while.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/storie...t.8fe27d7b.html

Daddy Like! Did the IM Pei firm design that too? BTW the HALL will probably keep the All Star race here. Hopefully they won't move it as a consolation prize.

Archived