Dubai Upcoming Towers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

It has a nice albeit unurban look to it, if you know what I mean. Dense cities in North America have clustered skyscrapers right up on the street. It's almost like a suburan office park except the parking lots are covered in grass. You just can't plan and build true soul and density all at once, but then again Dubai's just getting started.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe Taipai 101 has taken the top spots from petronas towers. However the Burj Dubai is currently under construction and will eclipse all superstructures currently known. The exact height is not being released but they say that the worlds tallest buildings will be dwarfed by this new building. Here is a link to its website. If you click on the downtown Dubai linke it will show the building in relation to all of the surrounding buildings in the city. (which are not small in there own right.

http://www.burjdubai.com/

I believe Taipai 101 has taken the top spots from petronas towers.  However the Burj Dubai is currently under construction and will eclipse all superstructures currently known.  The exact height is not being released but they say that the worlds tallest buildings will be dwarfed by this new building.  Here is a link to its website.  If you click on the downtown Dubai linke it will show the building in relation to all of the surrounding buildings in the city. (which are not small in there own right.

http://www.burjdubai.com/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have two friends living in Dubai. They say the construction activity borders on insanity. It's growing ridiculously quickly! I didn't d/l the plugin necessary to see that site, but from renderings, models, etc I've seen it looks like the Burj Dubai will be in sort of a park-like area, not on a dense Manhattan-like street.

I have two friends living in Dubai.  They say the construction activity borders on insanity.  It's growing ridiculously quickly!  I didn't d/l the plugin necessary to see that site, but from renderings, models, etc I've seen it looks like the Burj Dubai will be in sort of a park-like area, not on a dense Manhattan-like street.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dubai is not dense like most cities. Dubai's downtown runs along one sinle street. Therefore the downtown looks like it stretches for miles. However the density is only one or two buildings wide along that stretch of road. The Burj Dubai will be off the main stretch just by a little but it sould be apart of the downtown. There will be a park setting built around it though.

• 1 month later...

It is impressive, the designs of the skyscrapers are different than anything I've ever seen. The Freedom Tower in New York has a different, unique design, but hardly any other modern city has anything in the works even close to those designs, I wonder who is designing them and why they don't try to get them in other places. Las Vegas, the USA's and the world's fastest growing city (83%) during the 1990's, is building at warp speed, I guess unfortunately that awful city is the closest thing we have that compares to this... :wacko:

The United Arab Emirates and Dubai are embarking on a great time. Their history is long and varied. I am so thrilled with the new flurry of construction going on in such a great city. Plus I love the Dubai Mall. Talk about shopping for days. I wonder is it already built. If I didn't have family ties here, I would move there just to experience life there.

Dubai is gonan be like a disney world, only its a city. So it is not built to be a city, it is built as a humongous tourist destination. How many of the towers wil actually have people living in them year round? Not many i would think, only vacationers.

It is impressive, the designs of the skyscrapers are different than anything I've ever seen. The Freedom Tower in New York has a different, unique design, but hardly any other modern city has anything in the works even close to those designs, I wonder who is designing them and why they don't try to get them in other places. Las Vegas, the USA's and the world's fastest growing city (83%) during the 1990's, is building at warp speed, I guess unfortunately that awful city is the closest thing we have that compares to this... 

Don't Forget Miami. I would like to see this Dubai when its done. If they ever stop building towers :)

Archived