Dubai Upcoming Towers

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I don't get it. Who is occupying the buildings??? I mean the entire metro is around 1.5 Million at nearly 4000 sq KM. You would think that the building boom over there was for a city ten times their size. It seems as though it is just for show. I guess when you have more money than the rest of the world you can do what you please.

A2

I don't get it. Who is occupying the buildings??? I mean the entire metro is around 1.5 Million at nearly 4000 sq KM. You would think that the building boom over there was for a city ten times their size. It seems as though it is just for show. I guess when you have more money than the rest of the world you can do what you please.

A2

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the city is playing catch up. Many of the developments have huge hospitality components, including some of the largest and most luxurious hotels in the world going up. Affluent Europeans and Asians flock to the city in increasingly large droves and I think that by 2015 this could be the Vegas of the Eastern Hemisphere. It's population, too, is growing at an increasingly rapid pace and many aging Europeans (again, rather affluent ones) are looking for places to retire. Dubai is the undoubted economic center for the Middle East and a major center for banking internationally.

I guess it won't be long before Dubai has an enviable skyline. :)

The picture of the 2 blue towers remind me too much of the Gherkin in London...except not as phallic. lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking the same thing :lol: . It's like they cloned it and added two spires. Does seem a bit copycatish. I wonder who the architect is?

Archived