Third Ward Warehouse District

uptownliving

i had so readily assumed it was furman all this time, i hadn't read closely enough to realize that the mention of citiline and narmour wright was talking about THIS project and not context.

That is true, though, that it further underscores that that style of design is becoming charlotte's lowrise urban architectural identity.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I like Charlotte, I found a lot of humor in that statement...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do you agree that it is probably about right, though? i was going through it in my head, and it seemed about right. It definitely doesn't cast the best light on the city, but may be great to show the potential for growth.

Granted that we do have alot of surface lots now... but that will change... Sooner or later. Just look around the core it already its. I think the worst of it is the area around the Panthers statium and just past college st behind the bobcats arena just past 7th street station.

I can't wait for more development to fillin these bare empty places... they are awsome property

Yep, I agree that's where the worst of it is.  Levine dragging his feet in first ward of course.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they are all equally bad, and each ward has their own areas with mostly vacant/surface lots:

- 2nd Ward has all the parking next to marshall park, and on three sides of the hamton inn (the fourth side had SCHOOL BUS parking up until Metro school construction began).

- 3rd Ward has all the lots and decaying buildings east of the rr tracks, but those will be helped significantly by putting the park in the middle of them.

- 1st ward has hal marshall center and levine's land. the only thing redeeming in that area is that the nice recently build trolley line runs through the center of them, but otherwise just plain ugly.

- 4th ward has open lots on two sides of 5th and poplar, and all the dead and overgrown (i know that is a paradox, but you get the point) blocks next to the train tracks and north of pinewood cemetary.

I think all of these sections detract from the urban fabric of each ward, and in the case of 2nd ward... there is NO urban fabric because they've taken out most of the old grid streets, too.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

On Wednesday I called Helen Adams Realty and one of their agents told me that he had just received the remaining 2 floorplans for Skybox Townhomes which allegedly sold its first 10 of 12 units in the first 45 minutes they were offered over a month ago. The interesting part was that the 2 remaining units were just released on Wednesday, were the two largest units in the development, were both unlike any of the other 10 units, and they contained the street corner unit. Below are the square footages and price points. The 1578 sq. ft unit which sits on the corner has since been reserved, but the largest unit is still available and sits on the far right of the rendering shown in the link above. The floorplans are very attractive, with the 1st floor of each unit beginning on the 2nd floor of the building since retail space lines the building's ground floor. Other interesting points are 12ft ceilings, Juliet balconies off the living/middle floor, and spiral staircases leading up from the master bedroom on the top floor of the unit to the rooftop terraces detailed below. Note - although the 1776 sq. ft unit is an end unit, it only has one unit face with windows since stairs line both ends of this development.

1578 heated sq. ft and 189 sq. ft rooftop terrace for $340k

1776 heated sq. ft and 572 sq. ft rooftop terrace for $370k

HOA dues = $0.12/sq. ft

1 parking space per unit with possible option to buy at a later time

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any insight on the 1st Row project.

I met Tim Crawford of Citiline Development and I have a thick packet about the project. He is a very nice man IMHO and in one particular meeting, he was very well received. He was very open to suggestions and was very willing to work with area neighbors, businesses, potential owners and current (new and long term) property owners. He has never been shy about answering questions and if he didn't have an answer, he was quick to get one. I find it very nice to have a NEW EYE in the area and I am just so thankful that it is in Third ward in uptown Charlotte.

Now for some information on the project. I am sorry if I have missed any previous post that would make this a duplication.

In the original packet it says...

Citiline Development-which is Tim Crawford and Dan Wendover of Citiline Development have over 30 years of experience in development and design, working on projects that have demanded creative new urban ideas and an eye for detail in execution. Tim and Dan have separatley been involved with larger development teams such as Disney's Celebration community and Birkdale Village in Huntersville. Past and current projects of Citiline Development include Louisburg Square in Southpark through a partnership with Frank Martin, Citispace in SouthEnd, Park Square in Dpwntown Matthews, and 400 Union Square in Downtown Morganton.

In the original packet it says...

When complete, 1st Row will feature 84 residences tucked into its 3rd Ward nirghborhood near single family houses, town homes, condos, and warehouses, some of which are adaptive - reused buildings. 1st Row will be directly adjacent to Frazier Park and the Mecklenburg County Greenway System with prime views of the stadium. 1st Row will become the anchor for 3rd Ward's "Warehouse District." The building will have a warehouse style facade with over 77,000 sf of residences, including 75 one and two-bedroom flats, 6 bedroom town homes, and 3 three-story live/work town homes.

Construction has been going on everyday and I look forward to the finished project in the neighborhood. The only thing that I miss that this project doesn't include is a swimming pool, but I can still live with and in this building.

Please note that there could have been some changes, since the printing of the originial packet that I got, so your best bet is to call the company at 704-944-9222 or check out www.1strowwarehouse.com for the most up-to-date information on this wonderful project.1st Row Warehouse

Third Ward and the surrounding areas has a wonderfully warm feeling about it and is growing everyday and ALMOST all of the developers including Wesley Heights (this particular developer is one of the good guys-IMO) are interested in working WITH the people in the surrounding area and building quality buildings that enhance the neighborhood and our wonderful city and that is the Truth The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How odd since they applied for building permits last month. I would have thought they would have done soil samples before they could have engineering plans for permit approval.

I agree that it would be a huge shame if this stalled, because it would also kill Skybox on the other side of Hill (since Skybox wrapped the parking deck for W3).

Archived