World-Class Aquarium in the 'Ocean State'?

Cotuit

I remember Buddy's Narragansett Landing proposal including a "Narragansett Bay Museum."

Perhaps this is something that should be considered, an attraction that would include all aspects of the bay. Part aquarium, part science museum, part maritime museum, part URI research center. It would be sort of like Nauticus in Norfolk, VA. Above all, it would be unique, therefore it could co-exist with Mystic & NEA.

I'd be happy to see Save The Bay evolve into this someday. With help from the city and state and private business. There's room at their HQ site for future expansion along these lines.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be happy to see Save The Bay evolve into this someday. With help from the city and state and private business. There's room at their HQ site for future expansion along these lines.

I know little about the subject but do know the Florida Aquarium in Tampa is always struggling...I just do not see that as a major economic engine worth government investment.

What about the one in Boston...NE?

Archived