Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rbdetsport

Check It Out

I've known about this site for some time. Search for parking. The whole map lights up red! And to thing that some people think we need more parking!

I should consider a career in parking garage design. Something tells me that with the continued lack of a functional mass transit system, Detroit will need even more parking structures in years to come.

And to think that some people think we need more parking!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What sane person thinks that?

The deck we parked in sunday was such a conglomerated mess of wasted space. It wasnt efficient as it could only fit maybe 6-7 cars per level.

It is a very cool website, but I really thought that there was alot more residential in the CBD.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope. I looked at apartments in the CBD, and the options are very limited unless you are old, on a fixed income, or quite well off economically (i.e. not a college student). I am now concentrating my search on midtown, although if the option came up, I'd jump on something in the CBD.

So are you actually are visiting to Detroit from Charlotte?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, my girlfriend is originally from Flint but is down here now.

That's a pretty cool flash map. I've been working on one for a website on Detroit, but their's blows mine out of the water since they have buildings drawn in to detail.