Music City Center, 1.2 million sq. ft., $623 million

nashvol85

On the note of Eminent domain, that cant be used against a church FYI. Jus thought I would throw that out there.

The only other places they have to go are across KVB to 2 undeveloped parcels, but I just dont see them doing that as that will end up being a lot more expensive due to land cost than going north as I think they would be able to come to an agreement with the church.

• Like 4

Connecting to Bridgestone makes the most sense to me. This is pretty common in the industry right? I remember Indianapolis connecting to the colts stadium to extend the show onto the football field.

maybe they offer up some funds to help renovate Bridgestone and add a hotel with meeting space as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

On the note of Eminent domain, that cant be used against a church FYI. Jus thought I would throw that out there.

Actually, you can use eminent domain to take Church property. Although this article is mostly behind a paywall, there is a sidebar that confirms that eminent domain can be used against church property.

Key point 7-11. Eminent domain refers to the power of the government to take private property for a public purpose without the owner's consent. A property owner whose property is taken by a governmental exercise of eminent domain is entitled to compensation. Church property is not immune from eminent domain.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PHofKS said:

Actually, you can use eminent domain to take Church property. Although this article is mostly behind a paywall, there is a sidebar that confirms that eminent domain can be used against church property.

Yes, and that's what happened with First Baptist Capitol Hill in 1968, where that parking lot now sits on the SW corner of 8th (Rosa Parks) and Charlotte.  I recall the bitter fight during high school.

I'd hate to see that beautiful brick and limestone-quoined-window church education building razed.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

If it has to do with the NFL Draft, you have to remember that Homeland Security is very active in seccurity measures for this event. Nashville has never hosted an event on this level.

So you are going to see things happen during this event you have never seen here before.

Nah they’ve been installing this things for months.  They started on the inside tunnel last year.  

• Like 1

Nah they’ve been installing this things for months.  They started on the inside tunnel last year.  

It’s security/protective measures to keep cars from careening onto sidewalks and/or into buildings, whether it be accidental or on purpose, such as what happened in London and New York.

It’s no different than the bollards and stuff you see in front of courthouses and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Lots of discussion in the Mayoral campaign about Nashville's Tourism Development Zone that was created as part of MCC. A good overview of what it is and how it has performed so far at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2019/08/08/5-things-know-nashvilles-tourism-development-zone/1954526001/

I rarely say it about the Tennessean, but that's an informative article.      The one piece of info I wish it would have included is what the boundaries of the current TDZ are.     

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
55 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Are they going to use the MCC for Covid-19 patients...are just overflow of non life-threatening cases of normal hospital patients to free up critical care space in local hospitals?

Yeah that's the plan. 1600 beds for those with Covid-19 that do not need intensive care. 

I do not think this will be needed right now, but the MCC isn't doing anything else at the moment so it's great to have that capacity to expand into. 

• Like 1

I believe this will be a new sign or information/memorial wall for the convention center. They were constructing this a month or two before the pandemic broke out. The shrubs directly behind this bloke the current lettering for the building. I went looking for permits when they started but couldn't find anything.

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...