Tallest Buildings under constryction

The world's tallest building may be Burj Dubai, or maybee Tower of Russia, but one building remains unknown, the Lotte worlld 2 in Seoul, South Korea. it was supposed to be 2,000 ft tall, but new plans indicate a 2,655 ft tall tower. But they have some competition with Austrslia, with the enviromission solar tower which will be 1,000 meters tall! personally, I think the U.S is losing the battle for the tallest. for more info www.emporis.com

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry about burj dubai pic... try emporis and click on world map, then click on asia, they go to the country United Arab Emirates, then click on Dubai, then click buildings, then click on high rise buildings, then click on all buildings, then click on Burj Dubai (it should be on first page).

I don't think the US is losing anything. London and Paris are two of the most urbane and livable cities in the world, and (with the exception of Canary Wharf in London) they have no tall towers. Ditto for Washington, DC and Boston. I am much more concerned with how new develpment relates to the existing neighborhood and creating truly wonderfull urban spaces instead of building tall just for the sake of vanity.

I agree. Super tall towers are very expensive and doubly expensive to maintain. In this era of terrorism, safety is a big concern. Economic superiority cannot be measured by how tall buildings are, but by the overall quality of life a city has. Remember, the World Trade Center Towers were basically empty until the early 80's.

That is an amazing photo of Moscow.

I agree with the statements made about supertall skyscrapers. I think in most places where they are being buit, they are more of a statement rather than something actually needed or economically viable.

Emporis seems to be notoriously innacurate on a lot of their information these days.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's some renderings...

Tower Of Russia

Lol that country is very poor how can they afford to build such towers?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you mean the country is very poor, or the companys in that country are very poor?

The oi & gas industry is very strong in Russia. Other industries that require many cheap workers (textile, food, ...) move from western Europe to the east these days.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived