New Projects In The D

rbdetsport

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me your ideas for the city. New projects, better ways for the budget, ways to bring people to the city, ways of transportation, etc. I want to know what you all think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would like to see Detroit integrate its bus system with Oakland County and Ann Arbor- Ypsilanti. I know many college kids would love to come to Detroit more often if you could take a bus downtown. I think it's pathetic that it doesn't exist now. Another thing that would be great, improved walkability downtown without crossing a freeway. Detroit needs bike lanes! The roads have plenty of room for them, and what's up with the bike lane on the freeway? Some sort of extension of the People Mover that crosses the river into Canada is also needed!!!

A regional transit system would be great. Consolidate DDOT & SMART into one regional transit authority, along with the Ann Arbor bus system. This would allow the bus system to better serve the entire metro. This would also take the control out of the cityof Detroit's hands, hopefully allowing 24 hour bus service to continue.

BTW, welcome to the forum, Jklug!

Yes, welcome to the forum Jklug.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah thanks, I just sort of stumbled upon the urban planet website. It's really exciting to see all the things going on in Detroit that I otherwise wouldn't know about. Those Detroit pics of the day are really cool Allen! I showed my friends the pics while at a coffee house in Ypsi, and they stared at them for at least an hour! Keep up the good work!

Yeah thanks, I just sort of stumbled upon the urban planet website.  It's really exciting to see all the things going on in Detroit that I otherwise wouldn't know about.  Those Detroit pics of the day are really cool Allen!  I showed my friends the pics while at a coffee house in Ypsi, and they stared at them for at least an hour!  Keep up the good work!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! There are more where that came from. :) Only about 1/3 of my photos ever make it to the forum. I am so busy that I don't have time to post more. I always drive around with my camera in my car. You never know when you're going to see something interesting.

Archived