Columbia SC vs. Greensboro NC

krazeeboi

whoo, Columbia has added some buildings since I last went there. Well the picture shows that Columbia look alot more urban. Part of it has to do with Columbia being the capital. Just like Richmond, VA which is also smaller than Greensboro and has a very large skyline. Greensboro has a small skyline for a city its size. I think a big contributing factor is because there are no freeways in the downtown area. many companies moved into office parks near the interstates and i do believe if I-40/85 went through downtown Greensboro, Greensboro's skyline would be much larger today and the Koury Convention Center would be downtown as well. That picture shows that Columbia has the 2nd best skyline in the Carolinas

• 2 months later...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whoo, Columbia has added some buildings since I last went there. Well the picture shows that Columbia look alot more urban. Part of it has to do with Columbia being the capital. Just like Richmond, VA which is also smaller than Greensboro and has a very large skyline. Greensboro has a small skyline for a city its size. I think a big contributing factor is because there are no freeways in the downtown area. many companies moved into office parks near the interstates and i do believe if I-40/85 went through downtown Greensboro, Greensboro's skyline would be much larger today and the Koury Convention Center would be downtown as well. That picture shows that Columbia has the 2nd best skyline in the Carolinas

columbia does have a impressive skyline for a city of it's size, it does have the second best sky line next to charolette, greensboro is actual not bigger than the city of columbia, s.c. have very strict annexation laws, to what you see is not what you get.

columbia does have a impressive skyline for a city of it's size, it does have the second best sky line next to charolette, greensboro is actual not bigger than the city of columbia, s.c. have very strict annexation laws, to what you see is not what you get.

What a lot of people fail to realize is Greensboro has a lot of high rise and midrise buildings not in downtown. I wish I was back in NC to get some pics of southeastern cities. Greensboro has one of the tallest hotel structures in the southeast sitting on the side of I-40 next to the four season mall and the Koury convention center. I think the mall- complex is one of the largest in the southeast also. Then there is the coliseum which will host the womens final four pretty soon. Also the coliseum hosted NCAA regionals and of course the ACC tournament(I worked one while I was in college). Greensboro is a major transportation hub rivaling Charlotte that is why FED EX chose the Triad location. Yes the BORO can be gritty since it has been an industrial city but it has several universities and is trying to establish itself as the Triads main city.

Archived