Let's swap skyscrapers!

krazeeboi

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people say that Nashville needs a 700+ foot tall tower...I somewhat like the idea for the Signature tower, but I'm not sold on the preliminary sketches as far as style goes. I think that a tower kind of like 191 Peachtree Tower in Atlanta would fit in well with our skyline. :)

1850191_peach.jpg

28peachtree.jpg

Do you think that it would look good in this skyline? (broad side facing south)

photo_big_0021.jpg

photo_big_0285.jpg

For Franklin, on the other hand, it would be awesome to have the Burj Dubai, now called Burj Franklin, to be here, right in the middle of extreme suburbia.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, maybe they could just take out the square and put it smack dab in the middle. :lol: or how about Burj Cool Springs? In all seriousness though, i would like to see a tall one go to cool springs. i know it would take away from downtown though. it's kind of one of those guilty pleasure things i guess. haha

That Espiritu Santu is something else; I'm lucky I didn't have an accident while I was rubbernecking by that building last weekend. I'd take it in either Jax or Tampa, though for Jax I'd actually prefer something with a little more ornamentation.

I'd like to take Cass Gilbert's Woolworth Building and put it in Jax. Off Hemming Plaza maybe. It wouldn't entirely fit the local color, but man that is just the most beautiful building in the world... tied with Chrysler.

More realistically, this is the New River Tower or something like that in Fort Lauderdale. It would look terrific in Jax, I think, with some retail on the bottom there.

BlueBuilding.jpg

lol, maybe they could just take out the square and put it smack dab in the middle.  :lol:  or how about Burj Cool Springs? In all seriousness though, i would like to see a tall one go to cool springs. i know it would take away from downtown though. it's kind of one of those guilty pleasure things i guess. haha

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would rather see a Murfreesboro skyline than a Cool Springs one. Murfreesboro has one mid/highrise that is rather decent looking.

murfreesboro_02.jpg

All Cool Springs will build are 5-10 story office buildings in a giant park that is spread across acres and acres of land. I want to see towers, which you won't see built in Franklin anytime soon....(technically their building height limit is 6 stories, but they seem to look the other way every time they build a new one in Cool Springs.

I would rather see a Murfreesboro skyline than a Cool Springs one.  Murfreesboro has one mid/highrise that is rather decent looking.

murfreesboro_02.jpg

All Cool Springs will build are 5-10 story office buildings in a giant park that is spread across acres and acres of land.  I want to see towers, which you won't see built in Franklin anytime soon....(technically their building height limit is 6 stories, but they seem to look the other way every time they build a new one in Cool Springs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah i agree. the boro does need more of a skyline.

yeah i agree. the boro does need more of a skyline.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah...especially since it's approaching 80,000 people with over 200,000 county wide. Have you seen it's urban growth boundary??? It's HUGE! It takes up about 1/3 of the county (which is about 615 square miles)...just think of how big it will be in 20 years...(TN estimates have it at 124,885...but that figure included about 104,368 in unincorporated areas inside Rutherford county, which there won't be...so you might see Murfreesboro with about 200,000 people!!).

Actually, it is the headquarters of NHC - National Healthcare Corporation.

http://www.nhccare.com/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah, well it was AmSouth the last time that I walked by it...lol. As long as its filled. -_-

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more 15-20 story towers there...(nothing too tall...just to make it look decent).

Ah, well it was AmSouth the last time that I walked by it...lol.  As long as its filled. -_-

I wouldn't mind seeing a couple more 15-20 story towers there...(nothing too tall...just to make it look decent).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

one of the biggest things that the boro needs to concentrate on right now is it's roads. traffic there is horrible. i know they're adding a couple more exits on 24, but the way they are growing, i don't think this will be enough. they are in desparate need of some urban planning.

one of the biggest things that the boro needs to concentrate on right now is it's roads. traffic there is horrible. i know they're adding a couple more exits on 24, but the way they are growing, i don't think this will be enough. they are in desparate need of some urban planning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They already have a big plan for that...called the Major Thoroughfare Plan. It will widen a lot of major streets there. It will widen Murfreesboro Rd/NW Broad to 7 lanes all the way to SR 840. It will also widen Old Fort Pkwy (Hwy 96) to 7 lanes from NW Broad to the interstate. Manson Pike, Salem Rd., and Lascassas Pike will be widened to 5 lanes at several points...

Here's the link (WARNING: PDF FILE). It shows the Urban Growth Boundary for Murfreesboro in white...

http://www.murfreesborotn.gov/PDF_files/de...eplan070904.pdf

They already have a big plan for that...called the Major Thoroughfare Plan.  It will widen a lot of major streets there.  It will widen Murfreesboro Rd/NW Broad to 7 lanes all the way to SR 840.  It will also widen Old Fort Pkwy (Hwy 96) to 7 lanes from NW Broad to the interstate.  Manson Pike, Salem Rd., and Lascassas Pike will be widened to 5 lanes at several points...

Here's the link (WARNING: PDF FILE).  It shows the Urban Growth Boundary for Murfreesboro in white...

http://www.murfreesborotn.gov/PDF_files/de...eplan070904.pdf

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm glad they are doing that. i believe they have worse traffic than nashville does. when i went to mtsu it would take me 30-45 minutes to get from campus to the area around the mall.

i'm glad they are doing that. i believe they have worse traffic than nashville does. when i went to mtsu it would take me 30-45 minutes to get from campus to the area around the mall.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's why you have to learn the back roads! :D

My brother lived off of Northfield Blvd. when he went there, but he traveled home often (off of Old Hickory Blvd)...so he learned how to take the back roads through town to get out to Hwy 41 and eventually to SR 840. I agree though...their traffic might actually be worse than Knoxville's!!!

Some people say that Nashville needs a 700+ foot tall tower...I somewhat like the idea for the Signature tower, but I'm not sold on the preliminary sketches as far as style goes.  I think that a tower kind of like 191 Peachtree Tower in Atlanta would fit in well with our skyline. :)

1850191_peach.jpg

28peachtree.jpg

photo_big_0021.jpg

photo_big_0285.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with u about that tower in Atlanta. I would love to have the frost tower in Austin Tx in the Nashville Skyline..

Some people say that Nashville needs a 700+ foot tall tower...I somewhat like the idea for the Signature tower, but I'm not sold on the preliminary sketches as far as style goes.  I think that a tower kind of like 191 Peachtree Tower in Atlanta would fit in well with our skyline. :)

photo_big_0285.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Charleston could use a few of the buildings that are left of Nashville's BellSouth building. Especially the one with the green, slanted roof and a few others around it. That would just enhance the current skyline of Chucktown with the Medical University's buildings.

I think Charleston could use a few of the buildings that are left of Nashville's BellSouth building. Especially the one with the green, slanted roof and a few others around it. That would just enhance the current skyline of Chucktown with the Medical University's buildings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

db_DSCN01261.jpg

114968.jpg

146653.jpg

It's called the Financial Center (formerly SunTrust)...it's 31 floors and 492 feet tall.

Archived